HNGD!

awd83

• Members

Ok, I've been wanting one of these ever since I first saw a picture of one. I've never gotten a chance to even play one, but when this popped up on ebay for a great price, I snagged it! Dean Hardtail Select, Korean made. The mid level, Korean made Deans are REALLY nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342367[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342368[/ATTACH]

Just got it this morning (I'm at work, sorry for the cell phone pics, and I can't upload to any hosting sites here at work), haven't gotten a lot of time with her, but it's all that I expected (almost, I'll get to that).

I love the flame maple cap, and you can see in the pics how thick it is from the faux binding, which they actually painted over a little, so it's even thicker than the pics show! I was expecting a v-profile neck, like my Soltero had, but its a nice, chunky c shape, and I also thought it had brushed nickel hardware, also like my Soltero, but its chrome. Very nice paint, hardware is showing its age (may just need a good cleaning), frets are nice, need polishing, though. Has REALLY high action, but just the right amount of relief, so I don't think it was adjusted for buzzing, as I haven't found any.

I think it's an '07 model from the serial #, it has a broken tip on on the headstock that was poorly repaired, thus the great price, but I think I may can fix it to look a little better, but I can live with it for now. The belly cut and the molded heel make this a really comfortable guitar to play.

I am VERY happy with purchase!

:love:

• Members

thanks, I know Dean gets a bad rep, but the "Select" series that I've owned, the Soltero and Hardtail, have both been excellent. This hardtail appears to have been nearly perfect from the factory, its only blemishes are from the previous owner

• Members

HNGD looks great. What pickups come in those, pretty hot?

I have read that they are supposed to be similar to Duncan JB's, but I haven't gotten to try them out yet. Some of the Soltero Select models came with the USA made time capsules, which are supposed to be pretty good, classic rock style, so I'm hoping this may have them.

Archived