Good Drum Machine

jkeeney1

• Members

Toontrack EZDrummer and Superior Drummer 2 are on sale at Amazon right now. Usually Superior, for example, sells for $350. It's onsale right now for $150.

If you're looking for kits that are already mixed, treated, and ready to fit into your mix, go for EzDrummer. If you want raw sounds that you can mix and treat yourself, go for Superior 2.

EzDrummer is $69 (usually $180), and it's expansion packs are marked down to $50 (usually $90).

Superior 2.0 is $159 (usually $350) and it's expansion packs are $79 (usually $180).

If you're looking for drum sounds/software and are at all interested in any of these, jump on them now. These sales never last long, and the prices WILL go back up to full retail for another year or so. That's what happened last time I saw these prices - about 2 years ago. Luckily I got in then, and want to spread the word now so others can benefit from the savings (and GREAT software) like I did.

• Members

If you're looking for kits that are already mixed, treated, and ready to fit into your mix, go for EzDrummer.

EzDrummer is $69 (usually $180), and it's expansion packs are marked down to $50 (usually $90).

If you're looking for drum sounds/software and are at all interested in any of these, jump on them now. These sales never last long, and the prices WILL go back up to full retail for another year or so. That's what happened last time I saw these prices - about 2 years ago. Luckily I got in then, and want to spread the word now so others can benefit from the savings (and GREAT software) like I did.

I got EZ Drummer for $29.99 a while back...I didn't have an immediate use for it but I figured at that price I had to get it for the future.

• Members

I got something similar. Received a free trial version of EzDrummer with an Alesis e-kit. There was an offer to upgrade to the full version of EzDrummer for $30.

The other thing to mention is that whichever you pick, ezdrummer and superior both come with oodles of midi groove clips that you can audition and drag into your recording software. No need to be proficient at programming drums. Also, any of the EzDrummer expansions and their corresponding midi clips will work in Superior. (Metalheadz, DFH, Nashville, etc...). However the Superior 2.0 expansions will not work in EzDrummer. (Metal Foundry, Music City, Ny Studios, etc...)

Also, if you have EzDrummer already, smorg, you might want to check this deal out. $99 crossgrade from EzDrummer to Superior 2.0.

http://www.amazon.com/Toontrack-Superior-Drummer-2-0-Crossgrade/dp/B001VGFEAI/ref=pd_cp_sw_1

• Members

I got EZ Drummer for $29.99 a while back...I didn't have an immediate use for it but I figured at that price I had to get it for the future.

I actually got it for $19 recently because I had the free trial version so they offered the full version download for that price as an upgrade if you already had the trial version.

I might just jump on the Superior Drummer at $150 though. Toontacks' stuff is nice. Also, I'm thinking about getting some of Native Instruments' Abbey Road drum series software as those really look good. Check out some of the sound demos and you will be amazed at how well they sound.

Archived