A strat I can live with

Bowen

• Members

I've probably had 15 or so strats, from the lowest lotus to handmade, but I've never been happy with one. When a strat came into my house the clock started ticking. I'd never had a strat that lasted more than 2 weeks. I figured it's just not my thing.

I finally found one that out lasted the honeymoon and became my primary player. $80 and out the door of the pawnshop. I've had to make a couple of changes though. Mods: black pickguard to replace the stock mirror, refret with SS wire, and a very slight scallop just to get my fingers off of the wood. (bass player primarily, I don't like to finger the fingerboard) oh, and it was not dusty enough. That was an easy fix. Oddly I really like the stock pickups.

body.jpg

headstock.jpg

frets.jpg

• Members

Those are the {censored}.

Best Squier Ever. my friend has one, his came with a chrome pickgourd cause it was a 20th annivarsarry. But it had the same black headstock and his has a humbucker. the rosewood fretboard is really nice.

Other than that its so nice and heavey and i like the finish on the neck, is yours a bit glossy on the neck or more satanish?

his has a really nice flame on the neck. Ive seen a couple of those and for the most part there all the sheet, best squiers ever! even the black on black tele standard with black headstock.

INDONESIA ALL THE WAY.

One thing he couldnt live with was the bridge tough. he switched it out for wilkensins and put dimarzio chopers on the sucker.

• Members

Thanks,

I did do the work myself. Because I did not bother notching the fret tangs the fret and fingerboard work only took a few hours.

The chrome pickguard is cracked between the tone pot holes. I was going to hang on to it for a template.

Archived