Washburn Maverick Series - Any good ???

Adee1970

• 9 years later...
  • Members

This needs updating. 2021, my maverick pro bt6 still going perfectly,  these guitars are so underrated. All stock except the bridge pu. That is a Duncan trembucker. Sustain is amazing and not "suppose " to be with a free floating floyd. This guitar makes a lot of todays guitars look cheap in the $500 to $1000 range today. Plays and sounds as good or better than my Japanese hhr strat and my 92 Ibanez s540..... this guitar is worth some bucks. These are not to be mistaken for the bt 4 or 2. WAY BETTER. solid mahogany body, fender like chunk neck short scale, higher quality rosewood on fretboard....grover tuners, great guitar. Takes a bit to get use to. Feels like a real peavey usa evh. In a way, heavey for its size. No cheap light wood here. Highly recommended building  a relationship with one, because it gets better as time goes on. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Bought BT-4 £60, then had to buy any, got BT-10 £200 and now I am getting addicted.  On the lookout for BT-9 , but the Billy T is my target. Phenomenal guitars. The sound from BT-10 is huge, massive. In my opinion is kind Les Paul ish. For the money, LP make no sense. Cheers

Archived