Let me Hear your Avant-guard (Orginal Works)

scuzzo

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cool, look forward to the finished product... quite a nice feel here.

tb

hey, thanks for digging it.. i think its about where i want it to go so i have uploaded the newest version.. if i keep tweaking it will loose spontaneity...

• Members

That's a remarkable piece, Gregh. How did you record this?

Any special performance techniques?

HI Ieso - thanks ... no special performance techniques really. But lots of editing and multitracking. There are up to 7 bass tracks going at once. I use quite a bit of tremolo arm when playing, and often double track that with a bend down on one chord/note and a bend up on another. Also I tune 6 string all over the place, without any sensible relation between double tracked tracks or even strings.

• Members

You guys might like this one...

http://tombakermusic.com/track/not-a-secret-vice

Tom Baker, fretless guitar
Greg Campbell, percussion

This track is included in a compilation album put together by several artists who know each other primarily through a web community: gtrobl.com. The CD is called "The Unraveling Begins". There are some very fine works on this CD, and some fantastic playing. You can hear some of the other artists work at: cdbaby.com/gtroblq.

• Members

here one that meanders a round a bit but its got nice textures to it.. very free form.. some might dig it,,, most will not..

its got a Tribal thing happening with it.. i think so anyway.. sorry for the coda: but its my favorite part..

1 percussion track

2nd track some gated delayed and effected guitar

3rd track some back swell clean leads lines

The Rain Forest song http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7528108

• Members

here one that meanders a round a bit but its got nice textures to it.. very free form.. some might dig it,,, most will not..

its got a Tribal thing happening with it.. i think so anyway.. sorry for the coda: but its my favorite part..

1 percussion track

The Rain Forest song

great job man! I like this one a lot:thu:

• Members

great job man! I like this one a lot:thu:

glad ya dug it,, that weird stuff is not ever ones bag.. but 4/4 time kill me.. i can do it but i like off time signatures. more interesting to the ear. mho..

well feel free to post more music ideas.. im very impressed all the cool and interesting ideas you and all the creative folks have posted up...

good job everone!!..

scuz

• Members

1 percussion track

The Rain Forest song

very nice - reminds me of Michael Brook Cobalt Blue album - which I like a lot

• Members

(I'm doing everything on it, so you know who's to blame ...)

wow, with the whole Multi MEdia thing happening too... cool..

i think Avant guarde can encompass a wide scope of styles... i guess its up to the listener to decide what can be AG.. sure wish i could do some visuals to some of my silly efforts though..

good job!

• Members

ok so here is one.. again, very odd time signatures.. Xaos did the Synth and drum work.. i did the 2 or 3 ? guitars.. just some weird tap delay for Rythm and a flowing reverse half reverse lead.. it reminds me of later king crimson.. my attempt at any rate.. i really do like the tone of the guitars on this one at least..

hope you dig it.

3 sides of the coin http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7252769

• Members
ok so here is one.. again, very odd time signatures.. Xaos did the Synth and drum work.. i did the 2 or 3 ? guitars.. just some weird tap delay for Rythm and a flowing reverse half reverse lead.. it reminds me of later king crimson.. my attempt at any rate.. i really do like the tone of the guitars on this one at least..

hope you dig it.

3 sides of the coin

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7252769

That's great!...definite King Crimson vibe..which is a good thing obviously ;)

• Members

cool thread, lots of odd but interesting ideas going on.. glad to see it stick around.

here is some world beat kinda stuff tabla was the base track and added backwards guitar and a Koto kinda sounding guitar effect. little self indulgent with the cool guitar affects but it was great fun..

feed back and comments are always appreciated..

Lions in the Music Room

Nice. I really enjoyed this one.

Archived