Anyone ever put a Jazzmaster trem on a strat or tele before?

Fusion1

• Members

Would be cool to see one in picture or in person. Has anyone modded their strat or tele for one of these trems and bridges? Anyone here ever swap out a strat trem for a Bigsby? I'm sure it's been done, but anyone done the mod themselves?

• Members

I can see installing one on a Tele or a hard tail Strat.
I can't see the point of replacing a Strat trem with one.
Or you can just use a Bigsby.

Well, a strat trem and a Jazzmaster trem definitely feel very different. If someone was primarily a Jazzmaster or Jaguar player and extensively use the trem, then wanted to add the strat range of tones, I can see going for a Jazzmaster type trem on a strat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That's exactly my guitarist's logic. He loves his 68 Jazzmaster and he used the Jazzmaster trem a lot! The strat trem doesn't do it for him. His guitar playing identity is primarily the Jazzmaster but the trem is a big part of his sound. He has a nice strat and he just would prefer having a Jazzmaster bridge and tremolo instead of the strat trem.

Well, a strat trem and a Jazzmaster trem definitely feel very different. If someone was primarily a Jazzmaster or Jaguar player and extensively use the trem, then wanted to add the strat range of tones, I can see going for a Jazzmaster type trem on a strat.

Archived