Vantage Guitars?

Mercenary

• Members

It'd be a lot nicer if it was one of the neck-thru models. Vantage is a Matsomuko brand, they're considered well-built and nice playing MIJ guitars.... My gut feeling is that $300 is a bit high for a bolt-on neck model. The dude selling it is obviously not a player, so you've got that going for you. Offer $200... :idk: Make sure the neck is straight before you buy, but since it's a maple neck, it's probably OK.

• Members

It'd be a lot nicer if it was one of the neck-thru models. Vantage is a Matsomuko brand, they're considered well-built and nice playing MIJ guitars.... My gut feeling is that $300 is a bit high for a bolt-on neck model. The dude selling it is obviously not a player, so you've got that going for you. Offer $200...
:idk:
Make sure the neck is straight before you buy, but since it's a maple neck, it's probably OK.

I have a Vantage 635V.G. with a similar headstock but it is a 335 copy. It is a set neck (neck-thru) design.

Mine is made in Korea, not MIJ, and is excellent. I think that $300 is a high price esp considering that for that money you can get an Asian copy of your favorite guitar from the usual suspects.

The case is nice, though,

Greg

• Members

The early Vantages, which hit the market in '79 or '80, were made by Matsumoku. When Matsumoku got out of the guitar business in '87 Vantage production moved to South Korea, presumably to Samick or Cort. I get the impression the name went out of use in the mid '90s.

Archived