My new favorite brand of plectrum

RufusFussbuster

• Members

D'Andrea Snarling Dogs Brain picks.

I've liked Dunlop Tortex and Ultex for a few years now, but my only complaint is that they wear pretty fast, especially Tortex.

I've been using the same .88 Brain pick since around December of last year. The same, single pick.

How I managed to not lose it in that time period is beyond me. One to three hours every day, and it barely looks like it's starting to wear.

They are made of nylon, or adamantium.

They have grippy nubs that grip well, and they always feel the same, even when I have sweat on my hands.

I want to say they have a little softer attack that Ultex and a little harder than Tortex, from memory. But I can't remember what those specifically feel like any more. I know I really like the way this pick feels.

They have the word BRAIN on them, in all caps - which should be good for "dead cred" after the zombie apocalypse.

I still might be in the honeymoon phase with this pick, but I think I can recommend these.

Good pick(s).

• Members

Been using 2mm stubbies for a while now. Can't explain why literally overnight, I went from nylon .38mm/.46mm picks to stubbies, but they just work.

Are your picks normal size? If not, I'll give them a try. Can't get on with the normal sizes now... It has to be tiny :idk:

• Members

Been using 2mm stubbies for a while now. Can't explain why literally overnight, I went from nylon .38mm/.46mm picks to stubbies, but they just work.

Are your picks normal size? If not, I'll give them a try. Can't get on with the normal sizes now... It has to be tiny
:idk:

Yeah, Brains are normal pick size.

• Members

these are the ones for me.

872631874_be13880a42.jpg

I've got one of those, one each of the steel and delrin "Rock Controls", have a couple of the delrin "Grip Tip" model and just picked up some of the jazz grips (really liking these). Haven't had a chance to try the nylon/poly gel tip ones.

• Members

I used to be a big fan of the Snarling Dogs myself but these days I tend to only use them on the acoustic. I've been through all the normal flavors (Tortex, Ultex, etc) and lately have been a big fan of String Dog picks. You can only order them in bags of 100 so you are kind of SOL if you end up not liking them but I love em. Great feel, good tone, and pretty long lasting.

Archived