Should I hit this? Epiphone 57 reissue Goldtop Les Paul

Henry Path

• Members

I have to confess I don't know much about LPs - can anyone tell me anything about how it sounds/plays? I assume it's a good neck for smallish hands, right? 24.75 scale, thin etc.

Working out a deal with the guy selling it but obviously a bit more info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]344595[/ATTACH]

It was made in 97.

• Members

My Epi 56 Goldtop is actually Black (Ebony) hence my screen name. It is one of the lightest guitars I own and the neck is not really that fat, more 60s than 50s. I really like the pickups and I also have small hands and the shorter scale does make it easier to play. I've now sold all of my Epiphone Les Pauls except for this one as I got it really cheap on MF closeout (299), I collect 56 reissued guitars and I actually really like playing this one.

I actually like baseball necks like my nocaster and my Gibson 58 LP CS seems to work better for my hands, it seems odd with my smaller hands but it does. I'm actually more a fender guy but shorter scale necks are easier for me to play like my Les Paul.

• Members

My Epi 56 Goldtop is actually Black (Ebony) hence my screen name. It is one of the lightest guitars I own and the neck is not really that fat, more 60s than 50s. I really like the pickups and I also have small hands and the shorter scale does make it easier to play. I've now sold all of my Epiphone Les Pauls except for this one as I got it really cheap on MF closeout (299), I collect 56 reissued guitars and I actually really like playing this one.

I actually like baseball necks like my nocaster and my Gibson 58 LP CS seems to work better for my hands, it seems odd with my smaller hands but it does. I'm actually more a fender guy but shorter scale necks are easier for me to play like my Les Paul.

Yeah, I like Teles...as objects. They're kind of my gestalt guitar. But I'll most likely never get one cos of the necks/scale length. Unless I win the lottery and get an Anderson Cobra or something, ha ha! I've got a Washburn and the neck on that is 25.5 inch but it's so thin it's not a problem really.

I've been playing over 20 years and I'm only just learning about this stuff now!

Archived