$500 a fair price for epi bonamassa gold top w/ NO case?

wanderoo222

• Members

I was pretty sure it came with a case, the one with the pink insides. Also comes with a COA and strap-locks I believe. I have never seen one in person, but I would certainly be interested, 50's neck with Gibson pickups, hard not to like it. Wouldn't hurt to offer $400, tell him a case will run you about that.

• Members

Familiarize yourself with the specs at Epi's site, ie make sure it has a Bonamassa truss rod cover, Grovers, knob pointers, etc. I expect it would be all to easy to take a goldtop and throw on some black plastics, and some mismatched knobs on it and attempt to make a profit. Good luck!

• Members

Well, he can't really NOT provide the serial number...it's stamped on, isn't it? Thing is, he could have grabbed it from someone who dies not know it is gone OR someplace out of town. Still fishy. It's too new a model for the case to go awol. The price is not great. I bought a modded Gibson LP Standard yesterday for $600 with better pups, tuners, upgraded gibby hardware and a skb flight case. Plus, all original parts came with. Me, I'd be hawking for a used Gibby JB version.

• Members

The price is not great. I bought a modded Gibson LP Standard yesterday for $600 with better pups, tuners, upgraded gibby hardware and a skb flight case. Plus, all original parts came with. Me, I'd be hawking for a used Gibby JB version.

Where did you get a Standard for $600?!? I want to patiently stand in that line.

• Members

Alas, I am not...it is a Studio...not a standard...I can't keep the versions straight. Still happy with it. My first Les Paul...I had the post up last week about versions, etc. Decided to take the plunge on this one cause I know it's history, it has a great neck, and the pups have tons of bite. Sorry for the false excitement...

Greenville, SC guitar center just got in a JB Epi with case, $519.99-on their site now.

• Members

Those are $700 at GC but with a case.

Strange theres no case.

Could be a Standard Gold Top Epi and look a lot like the Joe B model.

$300-$400 for a nice Epi Standard or Custom is about right- maybe a tad high with n/c.

But if its a Joe B. Model its definitely a $500 guitar (in VG shape).

$400 would be about decent too start mabe even $380 what with a case costing $100 and all ;)

Archived