Anyone have the new EVH Wolfgang special guitar?

hazard29

• Members

I just bought one a few weeks ago. For the most part I love it but I was wondering if anyone else who owns one has been having trouble getting the action really low without buzzing and without the tremolo having an angle to it.

• Members

Well if its totally straight you could give it a little bow...a slight bow wouldn't be considered overbowing...from what i know its actually preferred and sometimes necessary with extremely low action...a pin straight neck is good but i believe in that case you need a little higher action to avoid buzzing...also maybe check the frets to see if there level? it should be ok since its new, but you never know..if you have a good tech in your area let them set her up for ya.

• Members

Well if its totally straight you could give it a little bow...a slight bow wouldn't be considered overbowing...from what i know its actually preferred and sometimes necessary with extremely low action...a pin straight neck is good but i believe in that case you need a little higher action to avoid buzzing...also maybe check the frets to see if there level? it
should
be ok since its new, but you never know..if you have a good tech in your area let them set her up for ya.

Stuff coming out of the Chushin Gakki factory are all known for their meticulous fretwork, so I would doubt that it's a fret leveling issue. It would be quite {censored}ty if it were since you need special tools to deal with stainless steel frets.

Archived