Is Someone Going to Ban weblearner or Should I?

Beck

• Members

There can be some lags. I never saw any of 'his' posts in the 9 hours I guess he was active here. I just ban obvious spammers and delete their spam right off and I think that's generally the prevailing practice for most mods here at this point.

One problem is that mods appareently  do not always notice the somewhat PM notification at the top of the screen. (It's tiny and barely changes if there are messages, just adding a number. It does NOT grab the eye.)

The current mobile version of the site (you know, the UPS-brown one) does apparently now show a number corresponding to the number of unread PMs, so that's something. But it's fairly easy to miss a PM notification in either the desktop or mobile views, I think.

At another site I occasionally to to, there's a notification pop-up, and TWO notifications on the front page, one of them in bright red. When that site introduced a responsive hybrid design, they made sure that all the messages and notifications were visible in either desktop or mobile views  -- unlike Lithium, which seems to treat the mobile version as a poor second-cousin afterthought. (I mean, the Lithium account managers can't even seem to be bothered to help us change the color scheme of the mobile version -- which SEEMS to have been designed for UPS.)

PM-notifications-done-reasonably-well.PNG

Archived