Today is my last day...without a Mustang

• Members

Dude, whatever, I use 9.5s on one of my Mustangs and it's fine. People act like 11s are necessary for 24" scales, despite the fact that a lot of famous guitarists like Jimmy Page and B.B. King use 8s on 24.75" scale, which is far less tension than even 9s on a 24" scale.

• Members

Dude, whatever, I use 9.5s on one of my Mustangs and it's fine. People act like 11s are necessary for 24" scales, despite the fact that a lot of famous guitarists like Jimmy Page and B.B. King use 8s on 24.75" scale, which is far less tension than even 9s on a 24" scale.

It's obviously just personal preference - not gospel. Frankie say relaaaax. :)

• Members

Well, here it is. Oh, and it DIDN'T come with the tremolo arm, so sorry if you voted "Yep" on http://ipredikt.com

The picture's not great. It's up against my new cedar fence that was finished this weekend. The fence cost A LOT more than the '65 RI Mustang, btw.

I loaded it up with 10-52's just for fun. Turns out that the stock tuning machines can't handle 52's! I had to use a 3-inch piece of 52 wire as a sort of file to open up the slot, then I had to break out my Dewalt cordless drill and enlarge the hole in the post. Luckily, I had a number of really tiny drill bits and found one that fit perfectly. After that, the 10-52's loaded up just great.

Really love this thing. The cleans are amazing. Really chimey and twangy. And it's pretty much impossible to push either of my tube amps into overdrive with this guitar unless it has some help from a pedal. I found myself playing way more shoegazing licks today than heavy grunge riffs.

fenderagainstfence.png

Archived