How's the techno scene in Europe?

reactance

• Members

Moscow is really happening, Berlin is still happening too.

In fact, dance music is happening pretty much everywhere in the world...except the USA :)

I hope to invent "Country 'n Techno" while I'm here in Nashville. I've been surprised by how many country musicians think this is kind of a cool idea.

• Members

I listened to some of your Soundcloud music. I like it, and would like to offer a suggestion. I'm not sure what you use to create your music, but my life changed for the better when I added a fader box so I could mix the various loops and build dynamics, solo loops, etc.

There's a video of one of my performances, you can really see what I mean about mixing loops starting at about 1:45.

• Members

Thanks! Yeah mixing isn't my specialty, and I tended to layer too many tracks and riffs, etc. And I don't enjoy mastering very much at all. I used Live Lite for a lot of those too, so I was always trying to cram all of the plug ins that I needed to make the sounds into the projects. And some were made on an iPad, when I decided to force myself to go back to the basics and keep it simple.

• Members

Anderton wrote:

I hope to invent "Country 'n Techno" while I'm here in Nashville. I've been surprised by how many country musicians think this is kind of a cool idea.

Been done:

Schlockiness aside, this one is a recent tune and actually really nice:

Archived