I have money, and now i have too many choices!

samzadgan

• Members

That's something i forgot to mention...given that the Junior doesn't have the maple top, it would sound darker...so may even sound better than the faded, especially for metal?

Yes, it is a little bit darker. After all these people have said they love their faded models, I just have to say again, I've owned a faded and a special and played them side by side for years. The faded is nice, but the special is nicer and better in pretty much every way that I can think of.

• Members

so if it wasnt bad enough before...I had a day of trying out a lot of these guitars...and now its narrowed down to 2 guitars:

- Gibson Les Paul Studio faded

- PRS SE 245, and Fredrick Akkeson

The Gibson with its Burstbucker pro, sounds amazing...but i didn't like the way the finish felt in my hands.

The PRS sounded great and if it wasn't for the comparison to the Studio, i wouldn't think twice. The way the instrument feels in my hands is great, so comfortable and lets face it, a beautifully looking guitar.

One side of me wants a "Gibson"...but another side tells me to get the PRS...and sometime down the future, the Gibson i get is the one i really want, like a LP Standard, or if i have enough money a LP Custom...

But right now...those two sides of me are not talking to each other...

• Members

Buy the guitar you like, not the one you think you should like.

I know...if it wasn't for those damn Burstbuckers i wouldn't even be having this dilemma...instead i would be sitting down with my new guitar right now!

• Members

So...after going to another guitar shop, I am now deciding between:

1. PRS SE 245, or PRS SE Bernie Marsden (mainly for the look as the specs and feel is the same)

2. Schecter Tempest Standard

I have to admit the PRS feels a litte smoother...but i do like the coil tap functionality on the Tempest, especially on the neck pickup.

Any thoughts? or recommendations?

• Members

So...after going to another guitar shop, I am now deciding between:

1. PRS SE 245, or PRS SE Bernie Marsden (mainly for the look as the specs and feel is the same)

2. Schecter Tempest Standard

I have to admit the PRS feels a litte smoother...but i do like the coil tap functionality on the Tempest, especially on the neck pickup.

Any thoughts? or recommendations?

buy the guitar that plays better. you can always swap a push/pull pot for series/parallel or split mode later.

Archived