Who sells Vintage guitars in the US?

awd83

• Members

In ithaca NY you can buy them from fingerlakes guitar repair (try craigslist) with a very nice refret for the same price as a new one for some reason (the guy uses them to advertise his work), and Mcneills music stocks them with the stock frets.

• Members

The brand, not the adjective. Like the V100 lemondrop? I can't find anything, other than beyondeleven and a few on amazon, but surely someone else sells them here.

Thanks!

There are a few dealers that sell then on eBay.

• Members

Metro Sound in Richmond, VA has a few. Their website sucks though and you would need to call them for what they have on hand. There are two stores:

117 W. Broad St - Phone 804.643.7125 (this one has 2 of the LP copies, but no lemon drop model)

3313 W. Cary St - Phone 804.355.7125 (not sure what this one has in stock)

• Members

Um I posted the distributor for the US .

thanks. I had found that, but I don't believe you can buy directly from them, you probably have to be a dealer.

Thanks everyone for all of the responses, too bad none of them have a good website that shows availability.

• Members

thanks. I had found that, but I don't believe you can buy directly from them, you probably have to be a dealer.

Thanks everyone for all of the responses, too bad none of them have a good website that shows availability.

I dunno but they might be a source of info on who actually sells them here, just a guess.

• Members
These look nice and all, but are they any better than an Epiphone?
(They look to be priced similar)

Look at Pic of fake Slash dude on in link
:lol:

http://www.megatonemusic.com/products/New-Vintage-V100-AFD-Paradise-LP-Style-Slash-Guitar-in-Flamed-Amber-6954.html?cPath=6_508&sid=64df5c46ea9eb84cf0af39bbff04d270

From what I've read, they are about the same as agile, that is, a little better than an eqivalent epi. So for a $599 vintage, it would be about as good as one of the limited edition epis in the $1000 range. Don't know, but I want to find out.

• Members

I don't think they are better than top line squires and should be priced same. I see them for 350$ new.

where are you located? I see mostly $499 and up here in the US, except for the V99, which is a lower model.

• Members

I don't understand the business model. Sure, you don't play the headstock and all, but...

I'm in the market for a starter SG. I can get an Epiphone SG G-400 for $349 at Guitar Center, or a Vintage VS6 for $359. And reselling if (when) I decide to flip it will be much easier with Epiphone on the headstock than Vintage (or Xaviere or Jay Turser or ...)

And the Xaviere and Jay Turser SG-ish set-necks are $200, which is much easier to swallow for something you're buying sight unseen.

What am I missing?

• Members

where are you located? I see mostly $499 and up here in the US, except for the V99, which is a lower model.

i posted two stores that have them for $350 above in the thread. :thu: Maybe I should go buy them myself and flip them to you guys......

Here's a tele with a stainless refret job new, never played for 299$. the guy does it to advertise his business. Really nice fret jobs. Top notch.

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/msg/2980152483.html

The store he buys them with has similar prices WITHOUT the upgraded frets. I've seen the v-100, the special edition lp one, the sg etc etc.

Archived