How often do you guys change electric guitar strings?

Jimmy25

• Members

When I change my strings is when my guitars get cleaned.
The strings come off and then I give them a really good going over- including the fretboard where you cant normally get to with the strings on.
I find that clean frets also help the guitar play well especially on bends.
You 'never bother changing them' guys keep selling my guitars on ebay don't you?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the first place, string longevity must be measured in playing hours. Not weeks or months.

Shouldn't longevity be measured in notes played then? Like fast players wear out strings quicker than slow players? ; )

• Members
WOW! I'm surprised how long most of you keep your strings on!
:eek:

...and then there is the strange tale of my Orville LPC, where the owner never changed the strings from the original owner who never changed the strings, etc. to the point that the guy I got it from believed that it sounded/played better without a string change, and recommended that I shouldn't change them. I do clean them, but they are light guage (8's) , and have taken on a nice chimey bell like quality over time.

• Members

I haven't done it in forever, they still sound fine to me, but i know once I change them i'll think they sound a million times better and vow never to wait so long again.

if only my tele had locking tuners :o

Archived