For Those Who Don't Think the Strat Volume Control is Misplaced.

scolfax

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uncorrect. It's the pinnacle of 20th century solid body design.

There's no such word as uncorrect; and the title of your troll thread is "For Those Who Don't Think the Strat Volume Control is Misplaced," but the only thing that is misplaced is your inordinate disdain for Strats.

Anyway, all of this is your idea of fun, so carry on if you must.

• Members
Hmmm, interesting theories. These are very subjective.

Middle Pickup: Maybe you don't like it, but without it, strats cant really quack, so that's a unique feature. I also really like the tone of them by themselves. Subjective.

Vibrato: I think the worst thing about it is that they call it a trem and not a vibe. Also, it can be subtle. However, I have very recently learned that subtle is subjective. :poke: Subjective.

String over Bridge angle: Again, I just don't know about this string angle thing. Maybe the player doesn't want overtones and percussive attack. Subjective.

Noise: That's single coils. They're noisy. I suppose this is one thing that might count as a legit flaw, but I dunno. It's a "flaw" that is not unique to the strat, and also a very fixable one so
:idk:
Mildly subjective.

Bridge pickup angle: that's 100% subjective. Some like it, others might not. Subjective.

Jack: Strat jack is my favorite kind of jack. I like that it's not on the side like a tele (makes it good for sitting down) and also not right there on the pickguard so your cable isn't sticking straight out. I also think it looks sweet, and the fact that you can take just the jack plate off instead of having to do the whole pickguard makes them easy to replace/work on if need be. Subjective.

Generic thing doesn't count. If we're talking about Leo Fender's design flaws, and he designed the first one, this is an impossible "flaw" Not even Subjective, simply false.

Symmetrical waist: It's never given me any trouble. I play sitting down all the time. I find it to be very balanced. Subjective.

Ok, so what all this tells me is that the strat is definitely not the guitar for you, not that it's got a bunch of design flaws.

In the post Tastemanship age, nothing is subjective. If it can be qualified, it can also be quantified.

science.gif

• Members

There's no such word as
uncorrect
; and the title of your troll thread is "For Those Who Don't Think the Strat Volume Control is Misplaced," but the only thing that is misplaced is your inordinate disdain for Strats.

Anyway, all of this is your idea of fun, so carry on if you must.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/uncorrect

It's not my thread.

• Members

Maybe I'm crazy but I've always thought that the volume knob on my G&L Legacy was subtly moved slightly further from the strings/bridge than on a Fender. When I go back and play Fenders it always feels a bit tighter.

I think it's great. One thing I don't like about my 335 is that the controls are too far out of the way! It's easier to adjust the Strat seamlessly on the fly. Plus, you can do swells. I have a fairly economical picking motion and I like to work with the knobs alot to get my tone, so I love the Strat setup!

• Members

Instrumental surf songs are like candy corn - very occasionally is enough & a little goes a long way.

On the other hand, the only people who actually like blues are guitar players. Guitarists don't like listening to it, mind, they like playing it. Even I like playing it. Everyone else likes to claim it for cred, but once you've heard one blooze snooze, you've heard them all.

Surf is the purest form of pop music. You'd have to hate melody to hate surf. :cool:

Archived