NGD!! Hagstrom Super Swede Tremar...

Misha

• Members

I'm uploading a few pictures to photobucket. The guitar has grey shades in it but we can't see it on the first picture and it looks purple on the ones I'm uploading! Bad lightning, I guess! :idk:

The neck is very comfortable. The action is just fine! I love the fretboard, it feels like ebony however it is not, they call it "resinator fretboard"!

I wanted something with a trem, now I have it! I've had an Ibanez in mind for a while but it faded away! I always look at LP's with envy... This one is similar but with a 25.5'' scale...

Not sure what it does, soundwise, with this body shape compared to a

24 3/4'' scale but I seem to always end up prefering longer scales!

This guitar would play like butter... if a better guitarist would be playing it!! ;)

(the pics are uploaded)

Hagstrom006.jpg

Hagstrom010-1.jpg

Hagstrom009-1.jpg

Hagstrom011-1.jpg

Hagstrom012-1.jpg

Hagstrom013-1.jpg

Hagstrom014-1.jpg

• Members

Congrats, Misha!

I have a Super Swede, sans tremolo, and I'd have to say it is probably the easiest of my electrics to play, and sounds great.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Glenn

PS, I don't miss Montreal winters, though I miss Montreal. Have had an opportunity to 'visit' via Google Street, which is fascinating.

• Members

Nice! Very nice.

How's the neck? Is it really thin like most Hags?

I think the neck shape and size is pretty much the same as the Epiphone Les Paul Std (I've had one and sold it because... ??? Because that's how the brain of guitarists work, I guess...) It's the fretboard that is different. It really feels like an ebony fretboard! (I love it!) Nice fretwork too!

I tried another Hagstrom, the F200, I think. It has P90s. It sounded good but had a chubby neck that wasn't comfortable to me! Much too large!

• Members

Thank's Glenn!

The dark side is a lot of fun, IMO!!
;)

I'm really not in a hurry to see the snow, you know....
:rolleyes:

I think I'll try Google Street too!
:idea:

Well,

Some snow is nice, especially around Christmas. Unfortunately, here, we've had fewer snowfalls in the last 4 years than I have fingers, and nothing remotely like a good ol' Montreal blizzard.

Those Hagstrom Trems aren't cheap in

• Members

Well,

Some snow is nice, especially around Christmas. Unfortunately, here, we've had fewer snowfalls in the last 4 years than I have fingers, and nothing remotely like a good ol' Montreal blizzard.

Those Hagstrom Trems aren't cheap in

• Members

I admit that it's nice to have snow during the Holidays! But in january: please the Snow, leave our Quebec alone!!
;)

The Hagstrom was 750$ + taxes.

I paid 790$ + taxes to get a nice hard shell case that allows me to fit the trem safely in it.

(I had a 400$ credit on my account so I added the difference.)

That gets almost in the territory of Faded Gibsons but I like the neck and the finish much better and wanted a trem. (The faded that I saw were ugly. I know that they aren't all like this because I saw some nice pictures, at least of SG faded.) Since the neck and comfort is the most important thing for me, I'm glad I bought the Hagstrom.

Ok, that is about another $120.00 in PST/GST, n'est pas? Here, the sales tax is included in the price, and they go for

Archived