Is System Of A Down's drummer cool or what?

Uze Soap

• Members
Originally posted by guitarizt

It was a joke. You're supposed to go "hahaha guitarizt you're a funny guy. Here have some money because you're an asset to the drum forum."

I'm lmao watching that rap thing. =)

Uhhh, can I have some money?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have something to say. Their drummer stinks! Haha just kidding. I wouldn't want a crazed SOAD super-fan at my thoat. He's pretty good, he does some creative stuff at times and he really fits their playing style. I mean, he's no dave lombardo, hehe. ;) UzeSoap, you do have their first album...right? Sorry its just that I've seen too many fans that love them to death that think Toxicity is their first album. :mad: Their first is really funky + different. And yes, I'm done..

• Members
Originally posted by HulkBlood01

I have something to say. Their drummer stinks! Haha just kidding. I wouldn't want a crazed SOAD super-fan at my thoat. He's pretty good, he does some creative stuff at times and he really fits their playing style. I mean, he's no dave lombardo, hehe.
;)
UzeSoap, you
do
have their first album...right? Sorry its just that I've seen too many fans that love them to death that think Toxicity is their first album.
:mad:
Their first is really funky + different. And yes, I'm done..

Yes, I do have their first album. I have also heard alot of their other stuff from other places like Sugar E.P. and whatever their tribute record was. I actually listen to that stuff every day. Yup, I gots KaZaA. :)

• Members
Originally posted by drummerjoe

I wouldnt say he has the coolest groovy beats... but he does what he does pretty well...

His drumming on Toxicity is ok and fits the music, but it's not really special. Anyways, he appairs to be a very good Jazz drummer.

Only 1 thing, I don't like his entire drumkit itself :)

That live drum stuff from 'n sync's drummer is cool, those drums are just the one's I like. I guess they are triggered :) That bass drum sound is just so awesome.

• Members
Originally posted by Hamburgermilk

He is definitely the star of the show in that band. I don't know about "groovy" beats though. And what's wrong with the drummer from nsync. He's actually pretty good. And what a plan..make a ton of $ with a little effort and be surrounded by hot young chicks all the time. Check out this video of him
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/Asbaughvideo.html

oh and excuse the flamming gay kid beat boxing.

[Milhouse voice] It's nysnc!!!! [/voice] :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by hamboogler

much agreed wally groove. Its too bad Paiste doesnt get the recognition it deserves in the states. I have tried every cymbal this side of calcutta and then some. My Paiste sigs have saved me a ton of cash! I no longer need to buy cymbals! it seems every store you go into has a whole wall of Zildjians, and a whole wall of Sabians and oh a few Pasites in the corner:confused:

I wonder if its because Paistes always seem to be at least twice as expensive as comparable Zildjian/Sabians? They do sound nice and I would love to own some, but unless one either has a lot of disposable income or is endorsed by Paiste they are definatly not for the casual player :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, how have your Paiste sigs saved you money?

• Members

Vanlatte,

agreed, Paiste's are not for beginners or casual players, they are very expensive. I consider myself an enthusiast and have invested quite a few dollars in my Paistes. What i meant by my Paiste Sigs saving me money is I no longer buy cymbals looking for the sound i like. Before i bought my paiste sigs, I used Zildjian A's, K's, Paiste 2002, Wuhan, no name cymbals and was never satisfied, I bought a 16 fast crash and from there on out replaced all my cymbals with sigs, that was about 3 years ago and I havent bought a cymbal since!! money saved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Wrawl

i know this is an old thread, but i would just like to coment that my friend went to ozzfest in denver about a week ago, and he said system of a down was the best band by far

...ozzy didn't even compare

Cool!

• Members

Hes my favorite drummer of the nu-metal bands. And Godsmacks drummer is second, which was probably the singer on both albums. I know the singer played drums on the first album, but when i listen to the second album, even though he isnt credited with playing them, it sounds just like him.

Archived