Is System Of A Down's drummer cool or what?

Uze Soap

• Members

Originally posted by hamboogler

much agreed wally groove. Its too bad Paiste doesnt get the recognition it deserves in the states. I have tried every cymbal this side of calcutta and then some. My Paiste sigs have saved me a ton of cash! I no longer need to buy cymbals! it seems every store you go into has a whole wall of Zildjians, and a whole wall of Sabians and oh a few Pasites in the corner:confused:

Most definately.....i don't let it stop me though ;)

Those innovations hats are awesome...thinking about getting a sig. crystal crash too.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by guitarizt

Maybe people don't like paiste because the drummer from nsync uses them.

I highly doubt that. Many people use and love Paiste..I don't care who plays them they are awesome cymbals. You're a guitarist anyway, no one here has to listen to you. :rolleyes::D

• Members
Originally posted by woody431

Have you ever heard them when they weren't miked and processed? I'm sure they sound like any other maple tom.

{censored}ing finally... some knowledge and reason. I didnt know if you guys know this.... but with pro tools, digi effects, nice mics and some good production you can make a pvc pipe with saran wrap sound like a killer tom.

• Members

Originally posted by woody431

Have you ever heard them when they weren't miked and processed? I'm sure they sound like any other maple tom.

First of all soad used to be my favorite band when they came out with sugar. I heard it on the radio at like 2 in the morning. They weren't big yet and hardly anyone even heard of them.

Well I saw them last march. I think that was the right month. Anyways they sounded horrible. Everyone was mixed really bad. The guitar tone sucked bad. It was a good concert but one of the worst mixing jobs I've heard.

• Members

Originally posted by drummerjoe

I wouldnt say he has the coolest groovy beats... but he does what he does pretty well...

AGREED!

I think when you talk about the groovy beats to end all groove.....i think one should talk Carter Beauford

• Members

First of all soad used to be my favorite band when they came out with sugar. I heard it on the radio at like 2 in the morning. They weren't big yet and hardly anyone even heard of them.

Well I saw them last march. I think that was the right month. Anyways they sounded horrible. Everyone was mixed really bad. The guitar tone sucked
bad
. It was a good concert but one of the worst mixing jobs I've heard.

So, you don't like them anymore? I've never actually GONE to one personally, but I've downloaded tons of live performances off of Kazaa, and almost all of them sound great. Only one or two sound kind of cruddy, but I thought that was just the recording quality.

• Members
Originally posted by drummerjoe

{censored}ing finally... some knowledge and reason. I didnt know if you guys know this.... but with pro tools, digi effects, nice mics and some good production you can make a pvc pipe with saran wrap sound like a killer tom.

I do not think that's what he does. He seems to be a very talented drummer. So, be quiet.

• Members
Originally posted by DarthWader

I am far from a System of a Down fan. "Sugar" drove me insane as my brother played it incessantly for a month or so. I never bothered to listen to the new stuff... heard "Chop Suey" maybe once, don't remember it.

Wade

:eek:

Well, you should really listen to more of their stuff. They are actually very cool and interesting to listen to, when you listen to all of the songs, not just one all the time. Some people ruin things for other people, so you may never be able to see their greatness if you don't give it a chance.

• Members

Originally posted by Uze Soap

So, you don't like them anymore? I've never actually GONE to one personally, but I've downloaded tons of live performances off of Kazaa, and almost all of them sound great. Only one or two sound kind of cruddy, but I thought that was just the recording quality.

What do you mean? I still like them. I just kind of listen to them at one time. Like I'll get into them for a week, then I get sick of them. A couple months later I get into them again. Kind of like metallica.

I saw them live. Sorry if it sounded like I was watching a video. =(

I have seen a lot of live shows. They sound great! So I was surprised when I went to see them live.

• Members

I do not think that's what he does. He seems to be a very talented drummer. So, be quiet.

Keep in mind I'm not a drummer and I like soad. I always thought the drummer to suck. Worse than that I thought he was the suckiest drummer with a big set.

• Members

What do you mean? I still like them. I just kind of listen to them at one time. Like I'll get into them for a week, then I get sick of them. A couple months later I get into them again. Kind of like metallica.

I saw them live. Sorry if it sounded like I was watching a video. =(

I have seen a lot of live shows. They sound great! So I was surprised when I went to see them live.

Oh, okay that's cool. I understand now. I apologize for being an idiot. :D

• Members

Uze, he was talking about the fact that his toms sound the way they do because of the prodcution work on the albums. It has nothing to do with how talented he is you fool. Why don't think before you insult someone for the wrong reason.

• Members

I think drummerjoe is right, the reason paiste cymbals are not popular is they cost substantially more for their top end cymbals than for top end zildjian or sabian cymbals. Hell if they gave them to me for free, i'd use them, but unfortunately i'm not endorsed :(. Why buy paiste alpha cymbals when i can get top of the line zildjians or sabians for the same price?

• Members

He is definitely the star of the show in that band. I don't know about "groovy" beats though. And what's wrong with the drummer from nsync. He's actually pretty good. And what a plan..make a ton of $ with a little effort and be surrounded by hot young chicks all the time. Check out this video of him http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/Asbaughvideo.html

oh and excuse the flamming gay kid beat boxing.

• Members
Originally posted by stapes2260

Uze, he was talking about the fact that his toms sound the way they do because of the prodcution work on the albums. It has nothing to do with how talented he is you fool. Why don't think before you insult someone for the wrong reason.

I didn't insult him. I was just saying that LIVE he sounds really good, as well. Maybe good microphones and good drums help alot, but he is still talented. I understand why his toms sound that way. I'm not saying he was wrong. I thought he was just putting him down and saying that he isn't good without technical help. I admit that I am a fool, but I do know a little bit about SOAD.

• Members

Originally posted by Hamburgermilk

He is definitely the star of the show in that band. I don't know about "groovy" beats though. And what's wrong with the drummer from nsync. He's actually pretty good. And what a plan..make a ton of $ with a little effort and be surrounded by hot young chicks all the time. Check out this video of him

oh and excuse the flamming gay kid beat boxing.

It was a joke. You're supposed to go "hahaha guitarizt you're a funny guy. Here have some money because you're an asset to the drum forum."

I'm lmao watching that rap thing. =)

Archived