Where are all the Fender Modern Player Thinline Tele Plus guitars at?

Fusion1

• Members

Reading great reviews of them on different sites but all the internet retailers say arriving 7/18 or some such. Did these all sell out quickly and now Fender will raise their price?

Does anyone know what the route is underneath the pickguard? I'd prefer 2 strat single coils as I cannot get used the the non symmetrical nature of strat middle and tele neck. If it were reversed I'd probably be ok with it, but I'd just prefer a strat pickup in the neck. They sell Strat x 2 tele pickguards and want to get one of these guits and turn it into a true Tele HSS.

Here is a mock up as to what I'm talking about: EMG 81 bridge / EMG SA middle / EMG SA neck

n4cq1.jpg

• Members

Reading great reviews of them on different sites but all the internet retailers say arriving 7/18 or some such.
Did these all sell out quickly
and now Fender will raise their price?

Does anyone know what the route is underneath the pickguard? I'd prefer 2 strat single coils as I cannot get used the the non symmetrical nature of strat middle and tele neck. If it were reversed I'd probably be ok with it, but I'd just prefer a strat pickup in the neck. They sell Strat x 2 tele pickguards and want to get one of these guits and turn it into a true Tele HSS.

Yup.

• Members

Sweet, so it looks like it is routed for a strat single in the neck. Good job on your mod. I always wanted to leave a guitar in either grey or black primer.

You mentioned in your thtread you had to drill new screw holes and also file down the neck pocket cutout on the pickguard for the extra 22nd fret. What company did you get the pickguard from? Some of the ones I checked like even the cheap ones like Musician's Gear from MF or M123 or the WD ones looked like an exact match just eyeballing the screw holes on a side by side view on my monitor.

Archived