Friendly Reminder To Those Of You Who Have Guitars With Pickguards

• Members

{censored} the pickguard. I don't want my precious wood hangin out in this heat. I refuse to leave a guitar in a car. If you ever see some fool sitting in IHOP with a guitar by his side, it is probably me.

• Members

Nothing like getting completely shat on starting a new post notjonahbutnoah.

When I was young and silly, I left my acoustic in its case in the trunk of my little car. Keep in mind how hot it gets down here... I used to drive around with in there at all times so I could pull it out whenever I wanted to and always have it with me. It was really hot one day and I thought, "hmm, I should check on the guitar". The hardshell case had melted in and was now custom fit to the acoustic. I opened it and amazingly, the old yamaha acoustic was okay. So, lesson learned. I still have the case and guitar just not in the car.

It used to be flush with the edges...

IMG_1860.jpg?t=1341622164

• Members

Not even for a minute? What if you're on your way to a show 3 hours away, and have to stop and take a piss? Would you take it into the truck stop with you? Seems a little excessive, dontcha think?

I wouldn't stop. I'm pretty religious about it. Maybe every once in a while for like 2 seconds but in general I won't leave my car while my guitar is in it :lol:

Archived