I am gassing for this signature series Stratocaster. Please stop me (or convince me)

codecontra

• Members

You could always buy a new pickguard and some Super D's and swap it out. That's what I did. Still have my SC's attached to the other pickguard and can easily swap them back in easily. If your current Strat works for you, just mod it a little. Unless you just really just want the Dave Murray one.

• Members

You could always buy a new pickguard and some Super D's and swap it out. That's what I did. Still have my SC's attached to the other pickguard and can easily swap them back in easily. If your current Strat works for you, just mod it a little. Unless you just really just want the Dave Murray one.

This x1000. You'll have the look, sound and feel of the Dave Murray Strat, more money in your wallet and you get to keep your acoustic!

• Members

Why route out a '57 Strat formerly owned by Paul Kossoff of Free to have pickups mounted into pickup rings that are mounted into the pickguard?

Fixed.

On the other hand, while Larrivee's are nice sounding guitars (I've got one), they're probably more consistent than any other reasonable quality brand. My OM-05 sounds identical to every OM-05 I've ever played over the course of twenty years. If you decide you want one again, it's not irreplaceable.

• Members

Have you tried one? I did and it was the most disappointing guitar I have ever picked up. It has a weird V shaped neck, the humbuckers sounded weak and it just felt all round bad. Could've been a lemon tho...

Wow, very interesting. No, I have not tried one. Nobody around my area has one in stock. I would hate to buy the damn thing and then not like it. I love my American Standard though. I'm def going to upgrade the bridge pup first and see how I like it versus shelling out this much money for this guitar right away. Thanks guys.

• Members

Meh, the mounting rings look stupid.

I'd do it myself in your shoes to another Strat. There are plenty of great "metal" guitars out there as well in that price range that I would prefer. Do you like the neck profile, the balance etc.? cause then it might actually be worth it.

Archived