new epiphone genesis

wimpy77

• Members

The originals were cranked out of giant Asian guitar mills.
:confused:
This one (despite the hideous appearance) at least comes out of their own giant Asian guitar mill rather than the lowest bidder.

:thu: Most people are ignorant of the incarnations of the Epiphone brand...

• Members

The originals were cranked out of giant Asian guitar mills.
:confused:
This one (despite the hideous appearance) at least comes out of their own giant Asian guitar mill rather than the lowest bidder.

Right, but from a 'calling it like you see it' perspective, the original just looks much less so even if it were , if that makes sense

• Members

I'd rather see an Epi 335S, but this one is cool.

More than anything else, I'd like to have the chance again to buy an Epiphone 295 (Bigsby-equipped, if you please.)

I don't have much GAS, and I've been saying for some time that I don't plan to buy any more electric guitars, but I don't know if I could pass up a 295 at a good price.

• Members

"The classic Epiphone Genesis was one of Epiphone's most original and modern designs when it was first published in the Epiphone catalog in late 1979"

It's just a double-cutaway Les Paul...what's the big deal?

I'm sure the inspiration was to morph a double cutaway Melody Maker body shape with archtop Les Paul Standard body construction.

Gibson%20Melody%20Maker%20DC.jpg

epiphone_genesis_front_b.jpg

Sales of the Yamaha SG series were good at the time and the Epiphone Genesis provided similar features (double cutaway shape, thick archtop body).

SG2000_BL_L.jpg

Archived