The Peavey HP Specials never took off.

EricJohn

• Members

American HPs are nothing,
nothing
like the old T-series or early/mid-90s Predators. The HP Custom I just sold had a gorgeously fat neck and 1 3/4" nut - I believe the Specials and other bolt-ons use a Wolfgang profile, which is outstandingly comfortable.

Thx Poolshark, good to know. I sooo want a HP Special based on looks but as an aging hobby player, am really topped out at eight electrics. And since I just recently got down from eleven, I'm left with all keepers. I am still keeping my eye out for a Firenza on the cheap though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bought a hp exp tigereye and put a set of bill & becky L-500's in it changed the caps to. 047 orange drops, a graphtech

Nut. I took the tailpiece and string thruogh tubes out then reinstalled them using teflon tape to get a really good fit. I Love this guitar.its a tone monster, I play it most every day without any problems.these guitars will hold their own with the best with just a little mods, very well made guitars. Im not sure of the year it is but the headstock is diffent than the pics posted above, mine looks like a prs 3/3 headstock. I would post pics if I knew how to. I'll be trying to learn,im pretty new here and not so understood yet.

Archived