Cheap pedal board concept...

AlexMC

• Members

i have always thought the most important reason for a pedal board is to have them pre-arranged and connected and portable so it's easier to set up and breakdown for gigs and rehearsals. a pedalboard case would be for protection. some boards have removable lids, and others require a case (hard or softshell).

Sure - I agree - but I reckon once you've got that taken care of the most important feature of a board is its ability to protect them too :thu:

• Members

Sure - I agree - but I reckon once you've got that taken care of the most important
feature
of a board is its ability to protect them too
:thu:

Depends on the situation. The OP says he ain't gonna be gigging and hauling it around, so protection isn't a priority. And it's easy enough to burn that bridge when he gets there.

• Members

One of the problems that I see for both the music stand shelf and the cable tray is the lack of a place to mount some feet for stability. The thin steel edges are going to slide around on the floor when you put your foot down on a pedal, maybe even scratching or cutting up the floor. Maybe building some kind of frame under the bottom of them would help with both that and to help firm them up?

Archived