My first cover "Sweet Child O' Mine". What do you guys think? :)

Jimmy25

• Members

good job dude.. I can't play it any better. Just trying to be helpful but I think you are playing the wrong chords at 3:03 for the chorus. It is an A, C and D and it looks lke you are playing C, G and D.

I've yet to post a video or audio of my playing but maybe I ought to do that. getting some feedback from people is nice i'm sure.

• Members

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the great comments and advice. Really really appreciate them :) I was wondering if you guys could Subscribe to my Youtube Channel so I can keep you guys updated once I make another new video? You don't have to... but if you like to see more, please click subscribe at: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=Destinaxe Cheers and have a nice day^^

• Members

Sounds really good man, much better than I ever did when I first approached that song; that intro riff is pretty tricky to make smooth. My only "suggestion"...ahem...is to put more into your vibrato - it feels/sounds just a bit stiff - but other than that, your timing and technique are solid.

• Members

Your vid inspired me to learn this song. I got the intro down so far.. maybe in a years time I'll get this song down.

seriously? Didn't know I could inspire someone :p I'm very glad to hear that XD It's a great song to learn. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun while learning this song. And learn lots of techniques from it. Like me, I'm still working on those bending, timing, vibrato, etc. I'm sure you'll get it down in no time~Rock on mate m/

• Members

good job dude.. I can't play it any better. Just trying to be helpful but I think you are playing the wrong chords at 3:03 for the chorus. It is an A, C and D and it looks lke you are playing C, G and D.

I've yet to post a video or audio of my playing but maybe I ought to do that. getting some feedback from people is nice i'm sure.

Yep you're totally right mate, everytime I watch the video now I just wish I was playing the right chords -*- It didn't sound VERY wrong so I didn't notice at first... After giving it a few listen I figured it's wrong.. what a fail lol thanks for pointing that out dude ;)

• Members

Sounds really good man, much better than I ever did when I first approached that song; that intro riff is pretty tricky to make smooth. My
only
"suggestion"...ahem...is to put more into your vibrato - it feels/sounds just a bit stiff - but other than that, your timing and technique are solid.

I literally went through that intro riff everyday over and over again. It has been the first thing I do whenever I pick up my guitar lol. It's a really fun riff to play anyways. I surely did enjoy every moment of it :p I hope my practice was worth it and it's smooth enough~ And thanks a lot for the suggestion mate! I'll definitely work that. I believe all my techniques aren't very good yet. Still got a long way to go. Cheers ;)

Archived