Ampeg GVT15 Demo

kit_strong

• Members

think it could hold up with a drummer and bassist?

As usual that would depend on the drummer or bassist. It's a 15 watt tube amp with pretty good clean head room for whatever that is worth. It gets pretty loud to my ears but what I care most about is that it sounds really nice at low and moderate volumes and takes pedals well.

FOr more volume you could get the V-30 loaded extra wide speaker cabinet or just go with the 50 watt version.

• Members

As usual that would depend on the drummer or bassist. It's a 15 watt tube amp with pretty good clean head room for whatever that is worth. It gets pretty loud to my ears but what I care most about is that it sounds really nice at low and moderate volumes and takes pedals well.

FOr more volume you could get the V-30 loaded extra wide speaker cabinet or just go with the 50 watt version.

thanks. :thu:

noticed you had a gristle king. what do you think of it?

• Members

Nice job
:)
. Your video shows more different tones than mine - as I hear everywhere that the GVT15 is a clean amp that can't provide overdrive, I concentrated only on the crunch tones - without pedals of course! :

Yeah, it will definitely get some nice crunchy tones but it's not going to bring the brootalz (or even GNR level gain). I do find that with lower output pickups (like the CS69s) I do have to crank it quite a bit to start getting some grit but since it takes pedals so well that's not really an issue.

And your video definitely showcases better chops than mine does. I've still striving for mediocrity.

• Members

I really love this amp with a telecaster - but yes you have to crank it to get seventies Stones/Faces tones. Still, I have many amps but none sounding this good for THAT tone!

So far I'm really loving it with all my guitars although I haven't tried it with the Gretsch yet.

Archived