Who's the most talented band?

Wrawl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you guys are thinking from the point of a view from a drummer, he asked what do you think is the most talented [bold]band[/bold], You are only saying Rush because of Neil... I personally think the most talented metal band is Metallica, over all, they are talented because Lars can arrange the music great, Hammett and Hetfield write great riffs/solos, and have awsome singing, and they managed to become like the most famous metal band. That's why they are talented. I don't listen to rock because it's usually very boring, and don't really listen to punk, because it's just plaing stupid and simple.

• Members

Originally posted by LoOsE eNdS Up

metal? u need talent to hit stuff as hard u can?

:rolleyes:

........im not going to start an argument. you just don't know what you're talking about.

metal band, best overall....metallica is a good candidate. they've done some pretty amazing things over the years, dispite of what everyone says. As a whole, they're pretty damn good. Hetfield, maybe WM you can help me out on this, but i remember he could downpick six or eight times a second. A second. Amazing!

• Members

Originally posted by stapes2260

stupid question, it's very objective

PS lars ulrich sucks ASS

Of course it is. He said, "what do you guys think?"

Lars is better than people give him credit for. Hes a good time-keeper and pretty darn solid. Napster still got you down? so what?

• Members

Metal: Metallica (duh!)

Rock: that's a broad genre...how about U2!

Punk: I like Bad Religion and Fugazi

Depends on how you define talent. Songwriting ability? Musicianship? Net worth? Number of groupies they've slept with?

I chose the bands above for songwriting ability...to me that takes the most talent. I couldn't care less if a band can go from 7/8 to 4/4 to 5/8 to 3/4 time all in one song.

• Members

Originally posted by LoOsE eNdS Up

punk? none they all suck

metal? u need talent to hit stuff as hard u can?

Excuse moi but WHO THE {censored} ARE YOU!!!???

Billy Ward(ever heared of him?) told me he listens to all kinds of music wether it was jazz, classical, metal or funk and that only narrow minded twats like you(last 3 words are my own) listen to only one style because that's all they know. This is common especially with jazz and classical players...idiotic...

Oh yeah, as for the topic:

My votes go to two trios(in the metal category):

Praxis with Bill Laswell on bass, Buckethead on guitar and Brian "Brain" Mantia on drums.

Primus(you all know who they are).

Jing Chi with Jimmy Haslip, Robben Ford and Vinnie Colaiuta is also great not to mention the guys in Dream Theater. The Three Quartets Band is good too:Chick Corea on piano, Michael Brecker on tenor sax, Eddie Gomez on upright and Steve Gadd on drums.

• Members

See that...you ask a simple question and everyone freaks!!!

MOST TALENTED BAND I believe was the question at hand:

Metal: TOOL

Rock: RUSH (and not because of Neil..frankly I don't get off listening to him play anymore)

Punk: Don't even get me started.

• Members

and as for SirEnricoButtcock....NICE!!!!

The problem that most people have is the closed mindedness (word?) I love punk...but look at it for what it is...

True punk is built on the idea of "playing" music that only has maybe 2 chords and high tempo, straight drum patterns...by people who are SELF PROCLAIMED non-talented.

• Members

Originally posted by rumblebelly

I chose the bands above for songwriting ability...to me that takes the most talent. I couldn't care less if a band can go from 7/8 to 4/4 to 5/8 to 3/4 time all in one song.

FINALLY!!! Someone says it!! Although I do like to listen to other time signatures sometimes, there are some guys who say that bands suck simply cause they don't go outside of 4/4 and 6/8.

Metallica is one of the better bands. Tool is also very good.

And if you hate Lars cause of Napster, then start using Kazaa Lite, dude.

• Members

Originally posted by manboobs

and as for SirEnricoButtcock....NICE!!!!

The problem that most people have is the closed mindedness (word?) I love punk...but look at it for what it is...

True punk is built on the idea of "playing" music that only has maybe 2 chords and high tempo, straight drum patterns...by people who are SELF PROCLAIMED non-talented.

Bad Brains(for example) have sold more records and played more gigs than I have(and probably ever will) so I reckon I have somehting to learn from them.

Archived