So I bought a 1964 Fender Mustang yesterday

deanmass

• Members

All original. Owner got it new for her 16th b-day. Case, trem bar, fully functional, not a case queen but in generally good shape.

Debating on a keeper or selling it. Blue, btw, and yes I know pics or it is a Squier. Other thamy " family" 49 BroadNoCaster, this is the oldest one I hve ever owned and is reeks of mojo. Thought I was gonna flip it and now thinking it will stay here and live next to my grandfathers 60's era Gibson Discoverer Tremolo Amp.

It sure is fun to stumble on to something cool AND have the cash to grab it. I went in fr Mandolin Strings :). ( he threw them in) Serials and elctronics all match too !

• Members

Keep it. If the original owner kept it for so long, then so should the next in line.

If you flip this guitar, you will forever be haunted by the ghosts of 1,000 guitars. You don't want that. Think Zakk Wylde sharting pinch harmonics in your ear for the rest of time. Multiply that by 500, and that's what the ghosts of 1,000 guitars sounds like. You wouldn't want that now, would ya? Ok. Now get some pics up so we all ogle your new guitbawx.

Photograph_of_a_chicken_from_PLOS_articl

bawkbawkbawx

• Members

I honestly think you should flip it! You are not coming across as excited one would be if that was an ax they really always wanted and I get the feeling you were more caught up on a good deal on a vintage guitar. There are a lot of guys out there who like Mustangs and that would probably make their day and you could buy an ax that has the same appeal for you.

• Members

Of anyone one here, you would get DIBS just cause fo some of the freaky coincidences between us.

PS- I did pass your REZ onto a couple people.

Thanks man, if anything comes up let me know. I'll let you know when I'm in town again.

That's the color of my Squier one I sold. Just had a tort guard on it. I kinda like it better with no tort...

Archived