what about this trade offer?

MichaelYoung

• Members

Ok.. so i have had my 2011 fender american standard tele and 2007 Gibson les paul classic up for trade for a little while. I have been looking to trade them for a very high end acoustic. I finally got an offer that i think is very close to what i had in mind....he is offering his 92 martin d-16h and 96 martin d-28 for my tele and lp. So I thought i would post it here to see what you all think about the trade as far as value and quality of those acoustics..... what do you all think?

• Members

Well, as far as monetary value on the average used market, you might be getting a slightly better deal. But then again, you're getting two Martin dreadnaughts... to me, just about all Martins sound like a Martin, and I'd not be interested in owning two, unless I wanted to gig acoustic a whole lot and just use the other as a backup or in alternate tuning. Depends on what you want, but if you don't want your electrics anymore, and you want those acoustics, and they're in good condition, go for it.

Personally, I prefer Larrivee acoustics to just about any other maker, but Taylor and some Gibsons are nice, too. Martins often feel a little stiff to me compared to those other makers, and they tend to sound a lot boomier than the others, too. I prefer a more balanced acoustic.

Archived