New Faded Sonic Blue Jaguarillo-dillo Day & next to '50s Classic Strat Daphne Blue

GAS Man

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fretmonster View Post
Really cool offset design and nobody does pastel like Fender.cool.gif Sounds cool too (vid), big congrats.
Thanks wave.gif - and yes, that pastel I must admit was a big part of the draw for me on this one. redface.gif That with the Mint/Black/Mint pick guard I thought were a pretty sweet looking combo (plus aged creme looking covers, retro knobs and a bit 'o chrome).

I kinda liked that vid above for its raw nature, but it was these 2 videos that made me want to buy it. I particularly like the tone from it in the first 25 seconds of this video. After he grunges a bit, at 1:50 the demo goes through the settings in a bit more orderly fashion.

this one grinds but then gets sweet at 1:05

Uh, here's mr. jagurillo taking a bit of a rest in my mad.gif chair after one of our work out sessions
IMG_0205.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man View Post
Oh, and above, I forgot to mention my Mustang redface.gif

T096887-detail1-l.jpg

I'm with you on those. They are a very cool tone machine. I tend to think the the tone of those is so unique, that I'd have to have a Mustang over a Jag or a Jazz. They just seem to be the furthest away from strats and teles.
I had one just like that. At the time, I didn't want a Dakota Red, I wanted Daphne Blue, but I got $50 off if I took Dakota Red, so I got it. I spent the next two years regretting that I got a Dakota Red, so I got a Daphne Blue, and then somehow I ended up selling both of them, and I kind of miss my Dakota Red Mustang. It was probably one of the best guitars I've ever played. I have my white Mustang now but that's been so modified and I kind of miss the one guitar that I left in stock form for the longest time and used on all of my first demos. Maybe in Olympic White, but Dakota Red sounds fine, too.

338474_10100514353373511_380692690_o.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool View Post
I had one just like that. At the time, I didn't want a Dakota Red, I wanted Daphne Blue, but I got $50 off if I took Dakota Red, so I got it. I spent the next two years regretting that I got a Dakota Red, so I got a Daphne Blue, and then somehow I ended up selling both of them, and I kind of miss my Dakota Red Mustang. It was probably one of the best guitars I've ever played. I have my white Mustang now but that's been so modified and I kind of miss the one guitar that I left in stock form for the longest time and used on all of my first demos. Maybe in Olympic White, but Dakota Red sounds fine, too.
Originally I was sure I was going to go for the vintage Olympic White. It just looked classic to me. Then I found myself being drawn by the daphne blue, but already having the strat above in that color held me back. And then I came around finally to the Dakota red. I already had several red guitars in the house, but I got over that thinking "I don't have any Dakota red guitars". And it really is a neat shade of red. Very retro classic. I think they all make for a great looking guitar. And yeah, they are a unique sounding guitar stock. I'm often thinking of modding guitars even before I'm pulling them out of the box, but with the '65 Mustang RI, whatever it is it's doing right now, I don't want to mess that up. biggrin.gif

But in summary, yeah, I know why you are torn by the colors. wink.gif

• Members

All of them are fantastic. Dakota Red is the sleeper, I think. Everybody knows you want Olympic White, and Daphne Blue is sexy, but Dakota Red, it's like, it just makes sense for a Mustang. I think Daphne Blue is a better Jaguar color than a Mustang color. I already have a competition white Mustang and an Olympic White Mustang Bass, so an Olympic White Mustang might be too close. I think I should just buy it in Dakota Red and then a Jaguarillo in Daphne Blue and then eventually a Jaguar HH Classic Player in Olympic White. Then I have the collection of offsets I've always wanted.

Archived