NCD: Marshall Content

Canadian Jeff

• Members

Nice. I've had a 1936 2x12 and an angled 4x10, but never the big boy. Looks like fun...'til it's time to move it, that is.

It's really not that heavy, plus most of them got wheels. I had more issues without taking up space in a vehicle and being overkill for most venues (bars).

• Members

I have that same cabinet. It is kind of obscene, but I love to play through it. I put Vintage 30s on one side of it and still have the G12T-75s on the other side, but they are going to get switched for G12H30s soon enough. Playing live through one of those is one of the most grin-inducing things a guitar player can do.

• Members

I got the same thing not long ago, using it in a kind of JCM800 style with a laney AOR head. I mostly bought it to make cab impules though. Sounds best miced at about 3inches out 2.5 inches towards the outside of the cab from the speaker center. Congrats!

• Members

I still miss the one I had, as well as the '68 Dual Showman head that played through it!
:cry:
But yeah, I have a Crate 4 x 12 now, a $99 special. It works, but, pretty tinny, compared to a decent cab. Might put some Jensen Mods in it, if I ever have $ for that sort of thing again!
:facepalm:
-Adam

Yeah, the Crate I have now is pretty much the worst 4x12 I've had. Before it I've had a JCM800 cab, a Rectifier 4x12, and a Crate Blue Voodoo 4x12 with V30s. This is my first time owning anything with 75s in it yet, and I haven't used it at practice yet, but our bass player has one that I've plugged into a few times and it kills.

That being said, even my $100 Crate 4x12 is a step-up from any combo I've tried. It still has that thump that you just don't get from open-backed cabs.

Archived