8 string universe

ahull123

• Members

thanks, I really appreciate it, it took a lot of time to get it right, many of the parts had to be made multiple times. because many of the parts were not off the shelf and had to be custom made.

I wish I could let everyone play it and enjoy it as much as I do.

• Members

While I like some swirls, that one colour scheme has always been a bit much for me.
:lol:

Does the trem have any range?! That block looks massive!!
:eek:

it has a hidden secret, there is a pocket the trem block drops into when the trem goes flat, I will take a better pic later of it, it was born out of necessity as I had the trem block made out of stainless steel and I wanted it to be big, mass=tone? so I had this made based on an earlier brass one I made that was a little smaller. Long story short, this one was too big so we had to route a trapezoidal pocket in the body, it has full range and I got to keep the big block. It was worth the hassle because it sounds really good. You should have seen my luthiers face when we realized it was too big, and I was going to meet Vai the next day so there was no time to go back and cut this one down. and putting the old block in was not happening because I didn't want to take the guitar apart again, it is a pain to set up every time and cost wise was really adding up.

• Members

it has a hidden secret, there is a pocket the trem block drops into when the trem goes flat, I will take a better pic later of it, it was born out of necessity as I had the trem block made out of stainless steel and I wanted it to be big, mass=tone? so I had this made based on an earlier brass one I made that was a little smaller. Long story short, this one was too big so we had to route a trapezoidal pocket in the body, it has full range and I got to keep the big block. It was worth the hassle because it sounds really good. You should have seen my luthiers face when we realized it was too big, and I was going to meet Vai the next day so there was no time to go back and cut this one down. and putting the old block in was not happening because I didn't want to take the guitar apart again, it is a pain to set up every time and cost wise was really adding up.

Huh, that's some pretty nifty thinkin'. :thu:

Also, pretty cool that you had the bridge done in colours to match the paint work, and the translucent cavity covers on the back are a nice touch too. But that hard case is quite possibly the most horrible thing I've ever seen. I can appreciate that you went all out on the details, but... really?! :freak::lol:

• Members

Huh, that's some pretty nifty thinkin'.
:thu:

Also, pretty cool that you had the bridge done in colours to match the paint work, and the translucent cavity covers on the back are a nice touch too. But that hard case is quite possibly the most horrible thing I've ever seen. I can appreciate that you went all out on the details, but... really?!
:freak::lol:

I just couldn't put it in an ordinary case, I put way too much time into it to stuff it in some generic case, the funny part is with the case open it looks like a watermelon..... I never made a custom case so I wanted to see if it was expensive/hard. Turned out to be fairly easy and no more expensive than a good road case.

Archived