For those of you with AC4C1s (and AC4TVs)

honeyiscool

• Members

Vox makes a cover for the AC4TV, you know. It's only $20 and is super thick and nice, with a Vox logo on the corner. It's better than most custom amp covers I've had and should provide excellent protection. It seems to be vinyl, with a very pleather feel about it (and I mean that in a good way, I dislike real leather).

And it fits the AC4C1, too, by the way. The fit around the sides is pretty good but the C1 has a slightly off center handle so it comes out of the cover a little off center, too, but that in no way affects the actual fit of the cover. It is still excellent.

photo1jd.jpg

Yet another thing that says "VOX" in my house.

• Members

The problem I have with amp covers is, WTF to do with them when you take them off for a while. I've probably bought about 4 amp covers and have only used one of them. Once you unfold them (especially for big amps) then don't refold up very easily.

And quit telling me (us) how much you like that amp. I'm trying to resist getting one mad.gif

I have the AC4TV and frankly, I might get the cover if it weren't for the fact that I'm thinking I should sell it and step up to the blue.

And of course, be careful about the measurements of the alnico Blue Pup. 3 years ago I got an alnico Silver Bell for the AC4TV and I don't think there's going to be anyway it's going to fit. Major bulbous butts on those things.

So far that speaker is still in it's shipping box but I might end up using it for my Marshall Class 5 instead.

• Members

By the way, have you played it yet with a good reverb pedal in front?

Makes a big diff in the perceived size of the sound with the AC4TV.

My last reverb pedal acquisition was the HardWire RV-7. Right now in the man-cave I'm running into a Bad Monkey, then an Ibanez AD-9 then the HardWire reverb pedal into a Pathfinder 15(no R).

Very nice. It has better tone IMO than running the same rig into my ZT Lunchbox with extension cab. Although those ZTs are interesting, it's not high on my "I'd do it again" list.

• Members

You are using that cover on the blue AC4, right?
Two questions:

1. Do you have to remove the power cord from the back of the amp or does the cover fit over the cord?

2. Does the cover cover all the amp from top to the very bottom of the amp?

I have one of those covers for my AC30 and the answer is yes to both those questions. Great cover. Well worth the money. Need to know if the AC4 cover will satisfy the two questions above.

voxcvr004.jpg

Archived