Please send prayers & mojo for Roswell

Doctor Morbius

• Members

Sorry to hear it. I lost my 18 year old calico Kiki in 2010 and then my 21 year old Maine Coon Boodgie in 2011 and it was really difficult - I know exactly what you went thru as in the case of the calico we had to race to an emergency vet to have her put down at 3 in the morning, just awful.

In the case of the 21 year old we had the vet come to the house. Sigh.

Since then we adopted three kittens so now we have three young cats who keep each other company and chase each other all thru the house. It's nice but I still miss the cats I had for so long. They really are family members.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Sorry to hear it. I lost my 18 year old calico Kiki in 2010 and then my 21 year old Maine Coon Boodgie in 2011 and it was really difficult - I know exactly what you went thru as in the case of the calico we had to race to an emergency vet to have her put down at 3 in the morning, just awful.

In the case of the 21 year old we had the vet come to the house. Sigh.

Since then we adopted three kittens so now we have three young cats who keep each other company and chase each other all thru the house. It's nice but I still miss the cats I had for so long. They really are family members.

Damn! Mojo to you, too, Alien. The replacement kitties will grow on ya. My replacement kitties are going on 8 years old now! Still miss my boy 8 years later, though. :confused::p

• Members

"they drive me nuts, {censored} behind the couch and rip {censored} up" ... enough about my friends - what about your cats?

Doc, I'm late here, but you already know this: the love you gave was a true good act. Feral cats are the {censored}ing best ... right now, as I type this, I have one on my lap digging her claws in to my thumb affectionately. Her name is Ellie (Eleanor); she's the one on the right in my avatar. She was part of TSNR program, and got infected at the farm (we have a lot animal-friendly stuff here in NM), and so was kept in a cage long enough to bond with the kittie on the left in the Avatar, Angie. Angie is outgoing as hell, and when I adopted her from the shelter (she was abandoned as a kitten), I said "what about that other cat cringing in the back of the cage? Are they friends?" They couldn't believe I would adopt both, but hell - we have tons of space and we are childless. I even built the front walled courtyard around the house as a "catio," cuz we can't let them roam due to coyotes.

Eleanor is now the sweetest of all of our cats (4, all adopted/hard luck kids), though she still runs and hides whenever strangers come over.

The middle cat in the pic was Balthazar, who left God's earth this past January 16, after running across a video store parking lot and jumping into my car/life in December of 1999. He was one badass MF, absolutely the Samuel L. Jackson of cats, and like the other poster, I buried him here in the back yard, with his favorite toys in a sealed coffine, looking out at the mountains. I'd have nothing less for him - he was my best friend and a loyal guy to the very end. I still cry about him going (he had cancer everywhere - nothing would have been possible).

I tell myself that it hurts because he showed me his affection, and I take solace in knowing that cats would NEVER give you affection if they weren't pleased with how you were treating him. Think of what an awesome thing you did for your kitty in giving him years of love. Bless cats, man, they are no-bull{censored} animals, and I'm sure he appreciated you.

• Members

I tell myself that it hurts because he showed me his affection, and I take solace in knowing that cats would NEVER give you affection if they weren't pleased with how you were treating him. Think of what an awesome thing you did for your kitty in giving him years of love. Bless cats, man, they are no-bull{censored} animals, and I'm sure he appreciated you.

well said :thu:

Archived