I Need Backing tracks jamming rig recomendations?

wanderoo222

• Members

What do Use to amplify ur Backing Tracks when U pactice? I have a JamVox that I run thru my aneimic stereo system. I have been downloading a lot of backing tracks and want a louder systemto jam with. My amp sounds better at higher volumes. I've considered just getting 2 monitors and an powerful amp. Ideas?

• Members

Usually if I'm jamming t a backing track I plug into my audio interface and use S-gear for my amp sounds. Then the sound is either output through my studio monitors or headphones. For me it's the preferred way of doing it as I find it odd sounding when the backing track and guitar sounds are coming from different places.

• Members

I have two configurations:

1. Run the output from my computer into the aux input of a mustang 2 amp. I plug my guitar into the mustang and jam. At night I do this and plug headphones into the mustang.

2. I have a small pa in my basement that I run the output from the computer into. This can get pretty loud, so I can run my tube amps.

• Members

I'm very low tech. I have a lap top plugged into an old school Pioneer stereo system that still kicks ass.
I saw the stereo at my neighbors yard sale.
The next week he told me no one else even looked at it and just gave it to me.
That stuff can be found cheap because people seem to prefer smaller speakers in their homes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog

View Post

I have two configurations:

1. Run the output from my computer into the aux input of a mustang 2 amp. I plug my guitar into the mustang and jam. At night I do this and plug headphones into the mustang.

2. I have a small pa in my basement that I run the output from the computer into. This can get pretty loud, so I can run my tube amps.

A PA is something I never considered.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gardo

View Post

I'm very low tech. I have a lap top plugged into an old school Pioneer stereo system that still kicks ass.

I saw the stereo at my neighbors yard sale.

The next week he told me no one else even looked at it and just gave it to me.

That stuff can be found cheap because people seem to prefer smaller speakers in their homes.

Great story.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wanderoo222

View Post

I'm very new to this. Explain what an "audio interface and S-gear" are.

An audio interface allows you to hook up instruments and microphones and record/play direct to the computer. S-gear is a software amp modeling plugin that includes a stand alone host.

It similar to using the JamVox in that you are using the computer to run the guitar sounds but different in that you hook it up to different speakers meaning you aren't limited to the little 2" speakers.

Archived