Anyone Ever Use Bob's Guitar Hospital In Red Bank, NJ?

Bbreaker

• Members

Lou,
Yeah, Bob Pinto
Bob does ALL my work. He's outstanding.

If you remember or ever been to NJGuitar&BassCenter Bob is the guy who Jay always
used.

Bob is a perfectionist & a stickler for detail.

Call him first & discuss what you're thinking about having done.
He's pretty independant these days & is not always @ the shop.

In case you didn't already know, his shop is in the back of Monmoth Music.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 57GLDTP View Post
Lou,
Yeah, Bob Pinto
Bob does ALL my work. He's outstanding.

If you remember or ever been to NJGuitar&BassCenter Bob is the guy who Jay always
used.

Bob is a perfectionist & a stickler for detail.

Call him first & discuss what you're thinking about having done.
He's pretty independant these days & is not always @ the shop.

In case you didn't already know, his shop is in the back of Monmoth Music.
Thanks......I'm going to call him on Tuesday.
The bridge on my Godin Acousticaster pulled and I'd like to have it repaired.

• Members

I haven't been in NJ for a while. Is there still Jack's Music on First Street or Broad Street(?) in Red Bank? That was the mecca back in the 80s before there were superstores like Guitar Center and the like.

• Members

As far as I'm concerned Bob don't want to do anything more then change strings and minor set ups any more, I use Dave Petillos in Ocean Twp just down the road, He will do anything including build you a guitar and does Bruce Springsteens work plus others, his prices are fair and work is expert. Just my opinion. Yes Jacks Music is still there but just has a very, very instrument dept, mostly cd's and records, like you I remember the day.

• Members

I remember the name Petillo from back in the 80s also. He was the guy that had his own type of frets in a triangle shape, made out of titanium or some other unobtainium type rare metal. I remember playing a super expensive BC Rich with those Petillo frets and it was awesome and that was when I was a 17 year old that just started playing guitar. Those were the days! Speaking of Jack's Music I also remember the music section with tapes and CDs. I bought a Sam Kinison tape there, ha.

• Members

Jack's Music is more of a record/CD store than gear shop.......although I've done some trading there.
I remember when Jack had this massive store wide blow out due to his divorce.
I'm not a fan of Phil Petillo's repairs (RIP).
I remember being in his repair shop and he was pushing this Bruce Springsteen luthier stuff to where it was sickening. BTW, I also dislike his fretwork (sorry).
As far as Bob's Guitar Hospital, he's in the same shop as Monmouth Music. Nick at Monmouth Music is a great guy. I've had some great deals with him, as well as, cool conversations.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by skipperzipper

View Post

As far as I'm concerned Bob don't want to do anything more then change strings and minor set ups any more, I use Dave Petillos in Ocean Twp just down the road, He will do anything including build you a guitar and does Bruce Springsteens work plus others, his prices are fair and work is expert. Just my opinion. Yes Jacks Music is still there but just has a very, very instrument dept, mostly cd's and records, like you I remember the day.

Wow...I guess I have to disagree with skipper zipper on this one. He changed the top on Martin D28 and did a great job. Also did a fret job on my brother's Strat. He has also worked on Bruce's stuff and Bon Jovi too, Tal Farlow's stuff when he was alive. I know he can't paint in Red Bank but has done other big jobs. Just my 2 cents.

Archived