Unpopular gear you like

Lonnie99

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sxyryan

View Post

Those would be more popular if people would just try them. Easily one of the most comfortable guitars I've ever laid my hands on.

Agreed. Really comfy body shape, excellent necks, super upper-fret access, and they sound killer through any cranked tube amp. Not a fan of the more pointy BC Rich offerings, but I've been obsessed with Mockingbirds ever since I started playing.

The two pictured here are imports, and the fit & finish is incredible on both. Just perfect. My USA-made Mocks are even more impressive. The neck-thru heel is awesome, as well.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure if this thread is about gear that people avoid (don't like) or gear that is odd-ball and just "lesser known". Most of my stuff is a bit off from what is considered "popular" gear, but this Edwards guitar is probably "lesser known" for a reason. icon_lol.gif It's more like a bass body, but the three piece maple neck and light-weight ash body make for a wonderful axe. It was so ugly and pretty at the same time I couldn't resist. facepalm.gif

007.jpg

009.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sxyryan

View Post

It blows my mind how under appreciated the Peavey stuff is...

I love their pedals from the 80s as well - the ones with the big black rubber switch covers. Both the Hotfoot Distortion (HFD-2) and the Digital Delay (DDL-3) have a permanent place on one of my pedal boards. They each replaced comparable MIJ Boss and Ibanez pedals from the same era.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 67mike

View Post

Heritage Guitars. Fantastic quality, made in the original Gibson Factory on the original equipment by some of the original employees.

I LOVE my Heritage. The headstock is fugly, though...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN

View Post

People don't have much love for Corts. I like both my Z42, and M600.

ZENOX2.JPG

M600-AVD_hz.png

You wouldn't beleive how many people own Corts and don't know it.

Just to name a few.

FENDER SPECIAL EDITION KOA

IMG_0983.jpg

FENDER FMT HH

IMG_0488-1.jpg

G&L TRIBUTE BLUES BOY

Picture005.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GilmourD

View Post

I just looked them up. Their website SUCKS. LOL However, there's a couple YouTube demos where they sound pretty good.

Where did you get yours?

I bought it on ebay from HAZEDCONFUSED

Here is a cut and paste from the thread I started about the E-Wave's

E-Wave DG-15RH Demo

Alright... This was all one take each tune.

Played a Jem style guitar with floyd on everything.

The first two tracks were on the lead channel with the volume knob on the guitar at anywhere from 2-5 depending

The third and fourth track is same lead channel with volume knob on 10

Moon dance is the clean channel neck pickup with tone on 2

My playing kind of sucks these days but maybe if I picked up a guitar more than twice a week for 5 minutes at a time I would not be so ashamed.

I used some reverb, plus a little delay and chorus on the VH stuff. Just reverb on the other tunes. I did not really take any time to dial in a brown sound and there is definitely too much mid-range for my liking.

The amp was barely turned up for this. I could literally whisper over it. I could not crank it up volume wise as my wife was teaching a student upstairs. I will do another recording when I can that have the amp screaming.

*** Click Here for the E-Wave DG-15RH MP3 Demo ***

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 67mike

View Post

Heritage Guitars. Fantastic quality, made in the original Gibson Factory on the original equipment by some of the original employees.

Despite all the hate for Behringer...I love my Vamp2...great little tool.

Buying the Behringer 3102 graphic EQ back in 2004 was strictly due to low funds, a year later I bought two more. They have been in my PA rack since, never a problem at all, ever. Used them every weekend till I went into the Navy and now I am using them again. Sure they make crap and copy a lot of stuff but you can't argue with reliability. I have also had two Peavey CS800's for monitor amps since 1999, never a peep out of them, and they have done top cab duty quite a bit also.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly

View Post

I like a lot of old DOD effects pedals from the 80's and 90's that most folks think are pretty crappy. I'm also a fan of 80's solid state Peavey amps that, other than the Bandits, seem to get pointed at and scorned.

I not only like the pedals as well as the digitech stuff that came after but also have an old DOD Juice It amp that hangs with my Peavey Bandit for low maintenance plug and play fun - both loud enough to play with a drummer. I have some nice tube amps that get used when I'm getting serious in a band situation with the electrics but the DOD turns out to be the best acoustic amp I have.

Archived