Ibanez or Agile?

jakebreh

• Members

So I've been in the market for a "super-strat" style guitar the past few weeks and I've finally decided that Schecters and LTD's are just not for me.

I've since gotten my decision down between Agile and Ibanez...with two Ibanez models that really peak my interest and a really nice looking interceptor on Rondo. My question is what do you think is going to yield the better build quality and playability? I believe the Agile is made in Korea while the Ibanez is made in Indonesia.

Here are the guitars that I'm deciding between.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_pa...ies_id=148

http://www.rondomusic.com/septorcustom625flatbk.html

• Members

Hmmm, thats actually a tough call. We all know Ibanez delivers quality without breaking the bank too badly, but from the Agile's I have played, I have admit, I am quite impressed with them.. The local Mom & Pop shop has a couple on the rack, a LP and a lower model super strat. For imports, the necks feel great (meaning, the  LP felt gibson-ish, and the super strat compared to a Wizard neck).. The pickups are actually decent for what you'd expect out of stock parts..

Definitely get a good set up tho, the M&P owner said both Agiles truss rods were actually loose when he got them... 

• Members

There is no doubt in my mind that both these guitars would be super players and both fill the void.

Both have EMG's and both are mahogany bodies, 24 fret, 25.5" scale so I guess it comes down to which brand I "trust" more.

I can currently get both for $599 but I can get $100 off the Ibanez with a promocode that I have so I could use that extra $100 I save to use for mods in the future.

• Members

Man, that is a pretty tough call.  The Agile has better specs (tone pros, ebony fb, etc), but the Ibby is cheaper & should hold it's value longer.  It is also likely a better-made instrument, despite being Indo.

FWIW, I've got an Agile Septor 7-string as well as an Indo-made Ibanez (RG1XXV) and the attention to detail on the RG is light-years above the Agile. Then again, it was also nearly 3x the price of the Agile.

• Members

I'd pick the Ibanez... I like the glossy finish and bright white binding, and the unfinished neck is smoother imho.

All in all it seems they have very similar construction so they should sound and feel the same...  Eb fretboard and different bridges might make a slight difference tho...

• Members

Ratae Coritanorum wrote:

Just to be pedantic, what you're looking it is a Fat Strat, and not a Super Strat.

Hmm.  I think of a "fat strat" as basically a stock strat with an HB in the bridge.  I think of a 'super strat' as a Floyd-equipped strat-inspired guitar with HBs in it.  This to be seems neither of those---this is more like a LP/Strat hybrid.

• Members

Here are the guitars that I'm deciding between.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_pa...ies_id=148

http://www.rondomusic.com/septorcustom625flatbk.html

..................................... o0o .....................................

Ibanez : I like :

* the bridge

* black chrome hard ware

* control layout

* build quality (i assume it is 'better')

Rondo : I like :

* matt finish

* up side down head stock

* dott-less fret board

* the over all body shape

. . . with both, i would replace the stock actives with SD Black Outs.

YUP, this is gonna be a tough one mate !

• Members

I like the looks of the Agile better, but it doesn't say what kind of wood the body is made of. 9.5 lbs. sounds kinda heavy for that kind of guitar. GO to GC and play the Ibanez. If you really like the feel, buy it. If not go for the Agile I guess.

Archived