Best UFO album with Schenker?

chimi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

axegrinder wrote:

Mav64, are you in Petaluma? Most of my hearing loss occurred there compliments of Y&T.
:mad:

Yes indeedy do I am and I have probably lost a fair bit of hearing due to Y & T as well!  If you've got to lose it though then that' s a fine way to go!

• Members

harold heckuba wrote:

Obsession, Force It, Phenomenon, Lights Out are the best MS, IMO those and No Heavy Petting.

In 1977 my mom drove me 1 hour to the nearest town with a Record Bar in it. I got No Heavy

Petting on green vinyl (what a great mom).

For those interested, I have the UFO Bootleg CD on order, it is 6 CD's in a compilation. I will

report back on it once it comes in.

UFO-The-Official-Boot-474548.jpg

ufoSince this thread is still going, a little update.

In  the meantime I also have bought the UFO box set "the Chrysalis Years".

It has all of their output on Chrysalis, which was their best known work.  If you dont

have much of their stuff, you can save some $, as I got the box set for around $24.

I have all of their albums on vinyl but I wanted CD's for the car.

About the above bootleg CD.  It is as good as anything

out there on UFO (and I have everything),  Great quality recordings, which is what I was

concerned about when I ordered it.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

DaveAronow wrote:

I've never understood the fascination and acclaim that UFO seems to invoke as of late. Some decent players, One well above average guitar player, and not one song I would call great, and only a handful I would even call good, and most I would not go out of my way to even listen to and even more than that, that I would change the channel on. I am very familiar with UFO. Started Covering their stuff in bars as early as 1980. Even back then, I considered them an ok band at best and never understood the fascination that some of my bandmates and musician friends seemed to have with them. Yes, it always seemed to me that musicians were the ONLY people I have ever known, then or now, that even knew who they were, much less liked them. PLEASE don't take offense to this post, I mean no disrespect. I've never seen them as anything more than average as a band as a while, and wonder what others see as being so great with them? I really am curious to know? I do think they have a cool name though.

Dude, sorry for barging in so late, but, seriously, your post cannot be taken in a different way than offensive. UFO are an already underrated band and you come around here to make them way more underrated. If you don't like them, it means that you can't admire the melodic songs they were producing and maybe you prefer overrated stuff just like most of the people that never took the time to understand this band's music quality. I'm sorry if I get intense, but, why were you even covering their songs if you didn't like them. That is too odd. And, damn, above average guitar player ?! Not even one song you would call great !? At least they were spending their time making some power ballads as well, they were and are one the best bands to watch live even after 40 years and Michael Schenker stood out by far, out of any other hard rock guitarist of that era. You must be deaf if you consider them just an average band. Sorry..

Archived