Jackson DR3 advice?

FoonkySteve

• Members

My Stepdad, just gave me his Jackson DR3 to sell for him.(its ok, im not trying to sell it here) But i am having a little trouble dating it, and would love some sort of appraisal? Idk much about Jacksons :(

Here's the spec,

MADE IN JAPAN

Body : Poplar with Flame Maple Top

Neck : Rock Maple Bolt on rosewood (Reverse headstock and rvs sharkfin inlays)

Frets : 24 Jumbo

Bridge : Double locking Jackson floating Trem (Licensed under floyd rose)

Pick ups : Duncan Designed 103B and 103N (2 humbuckers) with no mount casing

Controls : 1vol, 1tone, 3 way selector switch

Hardware : Its kind of like a GunMetal matt silver type thing? (this is where my dating trouble comes from)

Finish : Trans Blue

The hardware is throwing me off with the date, i think it could be the 2000 model, but it really could be any year from 96 -2003 i think?

Can anyone shed any light? I need batteries for my camera, bu in the meantime here is a pic of practically the same guitar:

This one is green though

dr3.jpg

Looks more like this one:

MyJackson.jpg

Thanks!:thu:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Apologies for bumping this old thread. Still trying to figure this one out. Any Jackson experts in the house?

I'm leaning towards it being a 2000 MIJ DR3. Looking through the old catalogs it seems to be the year 2000 the 'satin chrome' hardware was introduced. What i am now trying to figure out is if it has a mahogany body? Reasons being that my old eyes are struggling to read the txt on the Jackson 2000 pdf scans, for the spec's it say's something about a mahogany body which would tie in with the crazy sustain that you get fro this thing unplugged perhaps??

Also I have pics now (unfortunately iphone pics) ill go get them uploaded here, and y'all can put the kettle on :)

• 9 months later...
  • Members

The hardware is actually called brushed pewter, its a different look ,but i personally love. To replace, its triple the cost of your basic chrome plated hardware. anyway, i know this thread is old but i needed to chime in. Because its not as well known as other jackson models, it sometimes gets overlooked. its an awesome playing guitar with a very fast neck. perfect condition $350-$400, good condition $300-$350, scratched bad or work needed as low as $200. I bought one for my son who quit playing 2 months later. This dr3 became my favorite playing guitar.

• 7 years later...

Archived