old guitars.

GreatDane

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BeanoBoy wrote:

Sweet collection. Could you tell me something about the 335?

i'm assuming you're referring to the 335 I included in the original post.  it's a 1964.  it has the Pat# pickups and a 1-11/16th nut width.  the maestro trem is stock.  I have the "walrus tooth" bar as well, but removed it because i never use the maestro.  there are stoptail studs under the "custom" plaque so i could convert this to a stoptail with very minimal cosmetic implication (a few screw holes from the maestro in the top and at the endpin), but truthfully it plays really well as-is so i've elected to leave it alone.  the neck is really nice and chunky, which is why i went for this particular guitar.  the wide nut width plus the deeper carve of the neck makes this the perfect 335 for me.  i've had a few contemporary 335s, but i found the 60s neck to be a little too shallow for my taste.  here are some more pics - it's really clean overall.  i love the sound of it, and the way it resonates when i play it.  it's a remarkably solid guitar for being almost 50 years old; everything is nice and tight on it.  i am the second owner; acquiring it from an old jazzer who kept it around since purchasing it new, even though he preferred his big jazz boxes.  i didn't get an amazing deal on it, but i did OK, and it's been worth every penny to me.

v

v

v

v

v

• Members

pulled this Jag out today. It's a 62 or 63. The guard was changed right after the original owner bought it because he didn't like the tortise - which I have but it's shrunk.

40CACF7D-8599-4F3E-BE8E-DAACCE08E6FA-395

• Members

Very Nice old guitars GD!

Which I love (tho I don't discriminate)

My old favs are

1976 Ibanez 2618 Artist (double cut set neck, mahog body, hard rock maple neck, maple top and ebony board)

1981 Ibanez Artist AS200 Semihollow (my fav guitar)

1979 Tokai LP replica (Les paul Reborn)

1979 CE-400 Tokai (D-28) replica

1975 Ovation Deacon 

• Members

benzem wrote:

Very Nice old guitars GD!

Which I love (tho I don't discriminate)

My old favs are

1976 Ibanez 2618 Artist (double cut set neck, mahog body, hard rock maple neck, maple top and ebony board)

1981 Ibanez Artist AS200 Semihollow (my fav guitar)

1979 Tokai LP replica (Les paul Reborn)

1979 CE-400 Tokai (D-28) replica

1975 Ovation Deacon 

thank you, benzem!  do you have any pics to share?

• Members

The Rover wrote:

Now that is a really nice collection. We have the same taste in guitars. Congrats.

if you mean mine, then thank you!  there are a lot of other really nice old guitars in this thread as well, so forgive me if I'm mistaken.

Archived