15 Albums that All Hipsters Love

kayd_mon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No anger issues at all. Im not the least bit mad.

No yelling, screaming, nothing like that.

In fact, I'd probably just casually amble on over to the fridge, whistling a happy little tune, and maybe make myself a sandwhich or something, maybe some popcorn, I don't know? So I could have a little something to munch on while I watched the hipster laying there, bleeding out on to the floor.

Good times.

• Members

Ratae Coritanorum wrote:

Thankfully I appear not to be a hipster and thus my continued presence in this thread is unrequired.........shame Honeyiscool couldn't take a leaf out of my book

I have two lip rings and wear a {censored}load of American Apparel.* I don't consider myself a hipster but I can sure look like one, believe me.

*To be fair, I only have the more normal looking American Apparel stuff, which isn't even that expensive, and really, considering how many people on this forum seem to give a {censored} about American made goods, the fact that AA manufactures in Los Angeles should be enough reason to justify their existence.

• Members

DaveAronow wrote:

No anger issues at all. Im not the least bit mad.

No yelling, screaming, nothing like that.

In fact, I'd probably just casually amble on over to the fridge, whistling a happy little tune, and maybe make myself a sandwhich or something, maybe some popcorn, I don't know? So I could have a little something to munch on while I watched the hipster laying there, bleeding out on to the floor.

Good times.

You talk pretty tough for a window-washer:

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/window-washer-dave-aronow-enjoys-life-over-the-edge/1003478

• Members

@danhedonia

The point of the thread is to discuss the validity of the list in relation to the target culture it identifies, as well as to discuss whether or not those choices are good or not.

Yes, the list could easily be argued as "entry-level hipster" or "hipster lite" but it's still related enough to garner discussion.

So you worked at Sub Pop? That must have been cool. (not meant sarcastically)

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

When Taylor Swift writes songs about dressing up like hipsters, you know the label is bad!

hipsters stopped being cool when Ashton Kutcher and Britney Spears were spotted wearing trucker hats. Ashton has a stylist , and Im sure Britney does too. Once anything goes main stream it becomes lame, even irony isnt immune.

• Members

I don't think the snark is about knowing Modest Mouse.  It's about assholes who believe that humming "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine" while lining up for fake, overpriced organic food at Bumbershoot makes them relevant.

See: Hipster Runoff.

Or: Any New York sidewalk between Ave. B, 3rd, St. Marks and 14th, 1993-2001.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

They're obviously not doing it right.

Southern Hipster/any trend = wrong and distorted.

Anything cultural outside of the South that enters is like Japan. We take it in, pervert it, and spit it back out at you.

For some odd reason, when I was in highschool, some kids had a "rave" day, where they dressed like what they thought people who go to a rave would. Let me tell you, I've never seen a bigger bunch of idiots.

"That's not how people at a rave dress. Why are you covered in green jizz?"

"Yes it is."

"Where did you see that?"

"Wikipedia."

• Members

I was just referring to the fact that Mumford and Sons are about as hipster as Kelly Clarkson, since they're both played regularly on the same top 40 radio stations.

But yeah, I think I know what you mean. When I visit family in Tennessee, I see kids at the mall and around town with very confused fashion. It's like they have a vague idea of what those stuck-up kids at the University of Miami here look like, but they're missing the point and end up looking kinda like parodies. Whatever, they're just kids, and they're probably enjoying themselves.

• Members

apparently, i am not a hipster:

1. downloaded it, don't like it.

2. have, like

3. have, like; but don't like any other Radiohead

4. do not want

5. do not want

6. never listened to

7. dunno

8. do not want

9. do not want

10. dunno