Guitar related android apps

awd83

• Members

Hey guys, I've seen these threads before for IOS devices, but I don't remember there being one for the android OS. I just got a new Asus Transformer android tablet, and I wanted to know what you guys like to put on there, not only apps, but anything guitar related...cool wallpapers, apps, etc... The play market seems to be pretty limited compared to itunes app, so do you get your apps from other places?

Thanks!

• Members

Here are the guitar-related apps that I have (and get good use out of) on my phone:

Gstrings - tuner

Jambox - chord/ scale finder

Tabs Tools - Tab finder from Ultimate Guitar

Still waiting (& hoping) for decent recording/ modeling Android apps.

P.S. I get a lot of stuff from the Amazon market due to their 'one free paid app per day' deal. :thu:

• Members

I have both but only because work provided the iPhone ;) The Samsung Charge I have was appropriately named because it has to be charged twice a day. However, I now have a 3500mah battery for it that has finally made it useful.

• Members

Maybe not, but it still has some nice apps for music education and guitar maintenance. Plus, with Android, you don't turn into a hipster douchebag..

Whatever, dude. You're assigning some deep meaning and bull{censored} to consumer products.

I have an android phone, can't get iPhone on my carrier, don't want to pay that much a month anyway. I do have an iPad and an older iPod touch. They are a much better user experience. Take it from the user.

If I used my phone more, I'd go ahead and spend the money, I think. I use it more for a camera and texting than anything, so I tell myself I'll get by with the lower priced option. Now I can buy better quality groceries.

Do you have agenda against fresh produce and wild caught yellowfin, too? ;)

Android doesn't suck, and I'm thrilled I have a gadget that can do all this one can. But for music creation, Apple wins hands down, because they gave a {censored} in the first place.

• 1 year later...

Archived