5 most UNDERATED Bands of all time

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

I agree with bucks, here.

What did Fripp do to you? I never met him, but I've read stories of him being a difficult person.

I'm not an important person. I record my music, put it online, and write a blog. I'm small potatoes. There is no reason for Robert Fripp to know who I am or speak to me, yet it happened, and in a very bizarre way. The bizarre part is not out of the question for Fripp, since I've read stories of him acting that way in public outside of his music.

I called him a hypocrite for retiring after making a big fuss about music piracy, and just announced that he is going on tour with a seven piece version of King Crimson. He didn't like that, and didn't like my stance on music piracy. He was less than kind in his rebuttal.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Btw, do you have a link to your blog? I'd be interested. (if it's in your sig line, I always post from my phone and therefore see no sigs)

http://nostalgiamusicreviews.blogspot.com/

I have a lot of respect for Fripp as a player, and he is a huge influence on me. However, I always regret getting to know more about people I admire on a personal level. I try to keep my focus on the music rather than reading anything about musicians as people. Some musicians are incredibly nice and humble, and it's always a pleasure to speak to them or learn about them.

• Members

I remember watching the PBS Documentary on Roy Buchanan that gave Roy some badly needed exposure. Great guitarist that unfortunately, had major issues. I digress, also featured in that documentary was an unknow musician/guitarist, Nils Lofgren. I was impressed with Nils' playing so I bought his group Grins' first album. VERY tasty. I bought every album afterwards. Glad Nils found a lucratrive gig with Bruce Springsteen. Nils is a major talent who never got his due.

Archived