Any fans of Harden Guitars made in Chicago, Il?

Visconti

• Members

The guitar might be wonderful to play and sound fabulous - or not,  I've no idea - but that is the least attractive guitar I've seen in a long time.  Looks like he was aiming for a kind of kitsch, retro, 50's thing but missed by miles. If you want kitsch, retro and 50's look no further than J Backlund. His stuff works aesthetically. This does not. In my humble opinion of course.

* Yes I know I'm probably troll-feeding so am at risk of: a) Being told I'm too poor to afford one b) being asked where are MY guitar designs and c) generally insulted but I can take it.  I'll give it a go anyway

• Members

It looks to me like he tried to combine 50s car, Tex-Mex, old lady china dishes, and Chinese dragon aesthetics. I must agree that it is hideous.

I am, however, interested in that pickup - is it as microphonic as it looks like it would be? Does it sound good? I'll have to wait until later to listen to the provided clip.

• Members

Typically, I really like guitars with decorative metal bits (see Zemaitis, Teye, etc.), but his guitars just aren't doing it for me. Too much going on, too many different looks/textures crammed into a small space. I checked out his site and he's got a bunch more there, along with some clips. The clips sounded OK. Looks like he sells the pickups separately, along with some guitars and amps too. Interesting, just not my bag.

Archived