Backlund Neptoon 1500

J Backlund

• Members
Thanks! I highly doubt that this guitar will ever see production' date=' I expect it to remain a rare oddity. If, by some quirk of fate, it was to become available as a Korean-made production guitar, I would estimate that it would retail between $1200 and $1500, with a 'street price' somewhat below that, but that's just an uneducated guess. If the Neptoon was built as a special order custom shop guitar like the JBD-400 was, I would expect a hand-built U.S. Neptoon to cost around $4000, maybe more. My orange/cream Neptoon #1 cost me around $2,600 to have made and painted, and there's no profit figured into that, just my personal costs to be able to have one for myself, and it was a bargain at that price. There's no way I could have afforded to have a well-known U.S. luthier build this guitar for me, not on what I make. It could have easily gone north of $5000 with all the unique fabricated parts it required, and that might include a gig bag to carry it around in at that.[/quote'] I'd stretch for a MIK, it would hurt but not as much as missing out! MIA, custom, etc would be too rich for my blood, my kids win out over my inner kid. Usually! Anyway, congrats on that amazing guitar, hope it's at least as much fun to play as it was to design!

Archived