Playing nicely

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

Ratae Corieltauvorum wrote:

OK, all joking aside, when the management here passed me mod duties, it was mostly to clean up a lot of the Spam that appeared in the morning watch.

I'm also a member of the Old HCEG Gang on Facebook, and ideally, it'd be great to get a many of the good guys back here, without whom this forum is a lesser place.

To this end, I've become less tolerant of those who use this place as a forum for their own vanities/egos.

I don't mind the odd pisstake OT, but constant abuse of the house guidelines will take further "offenders" to where Bucksstudent has gone.

Lets have as much On Topic as posssible, lets be as nice as we can, lets be helpfil and useful to those who need it and lets have a laugh too.

But I don't like ill tempered exchanges that don't end up in a nice place, ie humility, some apologies, adult behaviour etc

If anybody objects to my overall style, tell me now and I'll resign as a mod, but if you do see some worthiness in what I'd like to achieve spread the word to those we've lost and lets get some good times back in here.

Now here's a friggin electric guitar!!!!!!

I don't do Facebook...or any of the Social Media Places...Too many unruly cousins. And I've only been here since June..And I don't own a hollow body anything...But I like it here...And would like to think I've behaved myself...Although I've been tempted to throw a few bricks...I haven't...Yet...

But I've moderated forums before...It's a lot of work..And I wish you the best...and I hope you get some sleep.

In the event you don't, I'll be happy to exercise that Gretsch for you. :smileythumbsupsmall:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

AlamoJoe wrote:

Ratae Corieltauvorum wrote:

OK, all joking aside, when the management here passed me mod duties, it was mostly to clean up a lot of the Spam that appeared in the morning watch.

I'm also a member of the Old HCEG Gang on Facebook, and ideally, it'd be great to get a many of the good guys back here, without whom this forum is a lesser place.

To this end, I've become less tolerant of those who use this place as a forum for their own vanities/egos.

I don't mind the odd pisstake OT, but constant abuse of the house guidelines will take further "offenders" to where Bucksstudent has gone.

Lets have as much On Topic as posssible, lets be as nice as we can, lets be helpfil and useful to those who need it and lets have a laugh too.

But I don't like ill tempered exchanges that don't end up in a nice place, ie humility, some apologies, adult behaviour etc

If anybody objects to my overall style, tell me now and I'll resign as a mod, but if you do see some worthiness in what I'd like to achieve spread the word to those we've lost and lets get some good times back in here.

Now here's a friggin electric guitar!!!!!!

I don't do Facebook...or any of the Social Media Places...Too many unruly cousins. And I've only been here since June..And I don't own a hollow body anything...But I like it here...And would like to think I've behaved myself...Although I've been tempted to throw a few bricks...I haven't...Yet...

But I've moderated forums before...It's a lot of work..And I wish you the best...and I hope you get some sleep.

In the event you don't, I'll be happy to exercise that Gretsch for you.
:smileythumbsupsmall:

You're doing just fine Joe!

Archived